View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 04:38 PM
iona6656 iona6656 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 817
iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
You can always revoke your permission. Just because you allowed her to live with you again and she has a peace bond doesn't mean you have to suffer through this any longer. I would reach out to your local courthouse victim assistance program and speak to them. Document each day and if it gets physical you should be going to the police with your evidence. if you have injuries get to your doctor for documentation. You could be faced with a situation whereby CAS may have to step in if you won't protect your kids from witnessing this. If your wife has already been through the court system for domestic violence and continues to be violent in the home with the kids then you have a duty to protect your children. Mental illness is tough and if she has good days its harder because you see both the good and bad in her. Is she on meds or in an outpatient program somewhere? Is her mental illness documented? You may want to speak to a lawyer first but quietly get your ducks in order before you pull the pin. If she doesn't work you will most likely have to support her with SS.
All of this. Report when the violence happens- to the police. Your priority here is to protect the kids. And you will likely need exclusive possession, a no contact order AND supervised visits. Do you have the funds for a lawyer?

Also- I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's really shitty. To think you have to protect your kids from the only other person in the world who is supposed to love them and protect them as much as you. But don't downplay the physical violence.
Reply With Quote