This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living a Nightmare

Just wanted to post a little update to all that has happened since Dec3rd. Some here have heard the story

FRO is so corrupt.......it's disgusting.
    Now for some details on what has pissed me off.

It has been a discouraging couple of weeks. We have been waiting to hear if/when FRO was ever going to rectify anything that they have done. I find it dispicable despite the Court Order and resultant stop Garnishee that He has recieved that they still continue to to deny that this is over. We have tried speaking to them the Justice Dept and others but the bottom line is that FRO still continues to report to Equifax that He owes them arrears. In the judges Reasons for Judgement He clearly states that the support Order expired in 2002 and they had no Jurisdiction to continue.
    He has had to file a motion against FRO that they are in contempt of the order and that they are also falsfying documents. Terrible after all they have done that they still continue. I hope that he is sucessful in this motion tomorrow.

I wonder if FRO will ever think that they need to be accountable for thier actions? It is very maddening they they seem to think they are above the law and can go against a court order.
    That was posted at another web site yesterday and to clarify....

Dec 3rd my spouse was in Court and finally won. Which means to him is that after 7 years of fighting the Judge finally issues an Order that he is satistified that there are NO arrears owing. ( In his reasons for judgement he clearly states this as of Mar 2002 that they should not have been collecting ANYTHING. They were working off of an expired order. )
    But FRO cannot admit this even after being told. They had numerous oportunities to end this nightmare over the past 7 years and chose to keep their head in the sand and destroy a life as well as harm to others associated with the father in this case.

Here it is 60 days after that Judgement. FRO still is continueing to maintain that he has money oweing. They claim that they have no Order stating otherwise, and they are not going to pay the $36,000 in a sopport overpayment.

Hmmmm.... I wonder how this can be? Under the direction of our lawyer we hand delivered those orders to the court to be entered and registered in mid January. But in the mean time the Justice dept has issued a stop garnishee since Dec 12. Everyone else seems to recognize the fact that this is going down as is expected. FRO refuses twice to ammend his record with Equifax. As of Jan 23 they sent a letter to them stating he still owes support. Why this is so urgent to us is that our vehicle is going to be repo'ed any day now, have to pay the rent yet for this month. The most devistating is that several years ago the payor in this had a workplace injury that resulted in his having blood clots in his left leg. Twice he has had a pulmonary embolism travel to his lungs and almost kill him. It threatened to happen again this past Novemer 08. Many will say what about OHIP. Back in 2005 a FRO employee told him that "we dont give a )&$#$ if you die we just want our money" when he requested to keep some money for medical expenses. Well not alot you can do when FRO takes all even the medical card, and you can't work Ont Works wont give you money for the medical stockings that you need and you can't buy your medicine. They have you backed into a corner. Now that you finally are released they wont let you go.

But FRO refuses to accept any responsibility for this situation (you have to sue the recipiant) Maybe so but what about all that THEY have done to him?
    You tell me?

Almost a year ago we had a web page up and were forced to take it down.
    Under the advice of our lawyer it is back up but this time in the form of a blog. To those who have seen the old one it is similar but we are adding more in the days to come. It does contain all the documentation supporting our position.

Windows Live space - Windows Live

The blog is now accessable. Yes I am self promotting this but it is more than time that people are told just what is happening. So I hope you will give it a read.
    Thanks
    AtALoss

Comment

I used to be in media relations. The Toronto Star just did a 3 day 'look' at the state of divorce in Ontario/Canada. (Jan. 26-30)

This might be an interesting follow up if you can create excitment in them.

I did a quick search (I'm at work) and you can find the author of the three-part series (email and articles) at the link below.

TheStar.com - Opinion - Columnist - Pigg, Susan

In the next day or so (or by Friday), I'll check into some of my old contacts at the newspapers/radio etc...see if they're still around.

My thoughts are with you! This is indeed a horrible situation.

Comment

Thank you for your reply and in all honesty we need all the exposure we can get. I know it will not be an easy thing to live through, but our main goal is to bring reform to FRO practices. We have heard too many heart wrenching stories. So we know we are not alone in all of this. (still want to hear from others. M&F) Our lawyer, amoung the best, estimates that as much as 80% of FRO cases are fraudulant in some manner.
        We have alot of activity planned ahead. So any help that we can garner is greatly appreciated.

AtALoss

Comment

CTV's W5 might be another outlet to try.

You said you still want to hear from others, so here's my story. My brother's actually.

When his son reached the age of 18, FRO continued to take his money. The employer is required to send the money until notified otherwise by FRO. My brother got his ex to sign a letter stating that the child was 18, out of school, and had recently moved from the home. It took about 7 months to get the payments stopped. During those months, the deducted payments were sent to his ex. He told FRO he was not interested in pursuing her for the overpayment. He knew she had given some of the money to his son to help him out.

The overpayment was about $2,800. He was out that money, but he did not lose his license or his job, he did not lose his home, and he did not hurt his credit rating.

Comment

Well we have made some head way today in court.
            FRO position is that they dont have the orders but their lawyer had to admit that he signed off on them! So the Judge has entertained our motion against FRO and granted a trial for March 6th. There she will adress that issue and FRO committing fraud.

I have just been contacted by the Toronto Star and hopefully they will pick up on it. So that is a start.
            Onwe issue that she raised was our figures of FRO "fraudulant" practices and why we estimated it to be so high. We have heard dozens of stories from people like us and I am askin here now that all give your story of FRO to me. Male or female. FRO messes up both ways. Our lawyer estimates that it could be as high as 80% are messed up. I dont need your name, that would be your choice, but please tell what has happened to you.

Comment

Another person you might want to talk to is Chris Bentley, the provincial attorney general. He is trying to give the FRO more power to autmatically adjust child support payments with out a change in court order, just based on a payors income (meaning T4) annually.

Comment

Unfortunately we have written to Mr Bentley, Mr Harper, McGuinty, Layton, The Ombudsman. Just about everyone. Either we get no response or the excuse they can't get involved in FRO matters. What can you do?

As an update to what has been happening as of yesterday Feb5th, an agent at FRO claims that what they have is not a court order.
                Sorry to them but this order that does exist was registered and entered to the Court on Jan 13th. Their own lawyer signed off on it on Jan.6th. Guess they will just have to answer to the court on March 6th when we are back in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sara08 View Post
                  Another person you might want to talk to is Chris Bentley, the provincial attorney general. He is trying to give the FRO more power to autmatically adjust child support payments with out a change in court order, just based on a payors income (meaning T4) annually.
                  Yikes, that's a whole other can of worms. Let's remember that there are many who file fraudulent T4s.

The underlying problem in my mind is that the FRO and the courts don't react quickly enough and properly when they know what the situation is. I've heard many stories of FRO and courts being slow on both sides, often child support goes unpaid for years while things slowly grind through the system. Other times (as this thread) things continue for years and should not. The system is not reactive enough. One huge difficulty we've had with the FRO is we can't talk directly to the case worked on our case and we can't interfere directly with the lawyer assigned to the case when it goes to court. Could we do that we could directly supply evidence and reasoning behind things, point out the inconsistencies and lies. This would reduce the time spent on the case, get things going faster.

Comment

That is the main problem with FRO... they are as slow as snails (I am being polite...LOL) This is our main problem and that they are in denial. They still claim that they dont have a court order and thusly wont adjust things. Well He is back in court Mar 6th. And are they in for a shock. There are many points in this case that will be raised. Our main goal is to gain reform so that this does not happen to anyone else. We know that there are others out there that are experiencing similiar and we want to hear from you/them.

Also this is our blog and it tells the whole story.
                    Richard's space - Windows Live

Comment

URGENT need everyone's help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If any one here has followed my posts with regard to my Spouse's fight against the FRO I am sure you know a little bit about us. We have been contacted by Global News and they wish to do some feature pieces on the story. They have asked if I could contact some that I have spoken to that maybe willing to tell thier story as well.
                      So I am asking all members here if you have had any misdealings with FRO to contact me directly. If you could give a paragraph or two I will forward them on to my contact and they will be contacting those they need.
                      Thank you for all of your help.
                      Karen

email aprilkristia@hotmail.com

Comment

hi

first of all excuse my poor english

I have a child with my Ex-girlfriend who lives with her in ( NEW YORK ). my Ex went to court in ( NEW YORK ) for child support, the court issued A JUDGE CERTIFICATE ( NOT COURT ORDER , Its like what she asked the court for ) then forward it to ONTARIO court to be confirmed or modified. at the court date in (ONTARIO ) my lawyer failed to appear at court so the judge confirmed the amount she asked for and made a support order after he convert the amount from U.S dollar to CDN dollar he send it to the Family Responsibility Office (FRO) to enforce it. when the (FRO) contact me for payment i told them i cant afford this amount and i want to vary the order to be based on my actual income. they said i have to file for Support Variation and because its Interjurisdictional Support Orders ( IT IS NOT ) it should be varied by ( NEW YORK ) who issued the order ( AGAIN ,THE ORDER MADE IN ONTARIO NOT IN NEW YORK ) so they will send me a Support Variation Application to complete and return it back the (FRO) who will forward it to ( NEW YORK COURT ) , and that was in MAY/2006. the (FRO) did send my application to (NEW YORK) twice , and every time ( NEW YORK ) court return it back to the (FRO) saying they have no Jurisdiction to change the support order because they don't make the order .next thing the (FRO) told me we will direct your file to our in house legal counsel to prepare motion... that's it. since then ( AUG/2006 ) i have been contacting the (FRO) for any result or update in my case, all i hear from them WE will call you if we get any thing and since then no one touch my file , i asked for any supervisor to talk to... but no one call me. i went to my MP to help in my case( SHE IS USELESS ) , they told her the same thing they told me i try to explain to her that the order should be varied here in ONTARIO she said i cant do nothing for you. i did file motion and went to the court in ONTARIO , who told me they cant change a provincial order and i have to go back to the (FRO). i called the (FRO) to tell them what the court said ,they respond that i have to submit new application because there was mistake in the previous one ( after 3.5 years ) and when i asked them why ,they said the court should convert the amount to canadian dollar because they cant enforced it in U.S dollar!!! they are the worst liars, because the court here clearly indicate the amount in U.S and convert it to canadian ,and if they cant enforce it , where the arrears came from, plus what the currency type have to do with my order variation????...just trying to cover their mistake !!all this time, the arrears continue to accumulate and i wasn't able to see my father when he was dyeing because they suspend my passport ,now i have to start all over. i and my Ex applied to withdraw our case from their office ,that was in ( OCT/2008 ) till today no action and when i call them they say i have to wait for NEW YORK to respond!!!!! if we agreeing and my ex don't collect any assistance what NEW YORK have to do with it. the worst thing they refusing totally to give me any thing in writing. i did call ( NEW YORK ) court to ask them for information, and when they don't find any record of a COURT ORDER in their system against me they direct me to the OFFICE OF COUNTY ATTORNEY and she said NICELY " i am familiar with your case we don't make the order here ,the order made in ONTARIO and the ( FRO ) send your application to us twice and every time we told them the order should be changed by ONTARIO but they refusing to understand that, but if you go to them and they give you problem ,this my personal number ...told them to call me " .Plus every time i call the ( FRO ) they talk to me like i am a low life person who call to ask for charity,and they forget that i pay my tax to pay for their salary. sorry to say that....but the ministry keep employing every women she have problem with men. i don't know what to do now, because if the ( FRO ) did their job my case should be finished long time ago and i don't have any arrears to break my nick . i am in no where..................i have no money to get expensive lawyer to take them to court, i don't know who i should complaint to.........now the matter its not my case only , i want them to pay for the their ignorance ,discrimination and mishandling of my case.
                        sorry for the long story but am desperate for help with the official gangster and need to talk about the jungle law.

thanks

ps: since the start am paying child support to the mother directly, based on my income and federal child support guidelines and i have no problem with her.

Comment

yeh i would like to help in any thing......and i will be glad to be apart of

any action will make them pay for what they doing to people

i forget............my ex never received any thing of the money the FRO deducted from my tax returns since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by AtALoss View Post
                            But FRO refuses to accept any responsibility for this situation (you have to sue the recipiant) Maybe so but what about all that THEY have done to him?
                            You tell me?
                            with all respect.....its not the recipient fault ,its the FRO who know
                            the law and still ignore it

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X