This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Protection Investigation

I have 3 children, 21, 18 & 13. The 21 & 18 yr old live with me and the 13yr old lives with Dad. I have just been notified that someone has reported me to Child protection and the reason is that my 18yr old is a bad influence(unsure what influence it could be as he came from living with his Dad just 8 weeks ago and I have only had my 13yr old a total of 8 days in that 8 weeks) on my 13yr old - the social worker is coming next week to interview myself and my 18yr old.

I cannot for certain say who made the report but I have my suspicions that it could be my x. We have been fighting for some weeks now over registering our 13yr old in an activity that falls on my time(our agreement states he is not allowed to with out my consent). I am not in agreement and he has gone ahead and done it without consent and is demanding 50% of all costs. I will not pay. He has also posted on a social media website things about me(he is careful not to use my name, but his friends know who is talking about) and has also accused me of being a DBM. I seriously take offence to the DBM as, for the past 7yrs, I have never missed a CS payment and I have voluntarily increased CS according to the guidelines. My lawyer says she wished she had more clients like myself.

What I would like to know is has anyone gone through this and what should I expect. I cannot believe that someone has put my 2 children in this postion, it is breaking my heart!!

I would point out to the case worker very clearly that you just got the kids, and have only had the kids 8 days in the past 8 week. Point out the recent issues with the ex, and ask clearly if they think the complaint is from him.

I had those bastards in my home for 5 months over allegations my ex made. They finally saw the light, and wrote me a letter contradicting everything in my ex's last affidavit, and then closed the file.

Comment

Thank you rwm for the advise. I am going to be completely honest with her as I have nothing to hide, he on the other hand has plenty...............

I did ask her who made the complaint and of course I got the standard answer, then I suggested that it was my x and she was silent.............speaks volumes to me............ I just hate the guilty until proven innocent.

Comment

I would take no shit from them. You do have rights, and if you need to let them know that you will be contacting your mpp.

I had to do this, because the first person was biased against me. She has her own problems to deal with now, and I doubt she will ever be working with children again. Kind of funny how she thought she had power, and used intimidation to get what she wanted for my ex. To bad for her I know how the system works, and am good at writing letters, oh and I also tape recorded our conversations.

But they are not all bad, and some know that they are stuck in the middle of a custody battle, and are being used as a pawn. They are just there doing their job. But remember that if the accusations are unfounded, and they know they came from the other side, then get them to make a letter indicating this, or you and they will be doing this dance over and over again.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X