Any skiers in the house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any skiers in the house?

Who are all the skiers ? Any Snowboarders? It's something little one and I started learning over Christmas break and we've basically become addicted.

Ice Skaters?

Favourite winter activities ?

Who enjoys indoor heated water parks in the winter with the kids?

Tubaggoning ?

Tubing ?

Plain old making a snowman ?

What are all you hardworking parents up to this winter season ?

Great post!!!

I'm on a tight budget, so no skiing or snowboarding. But we are enjoying the free rink at the Harbourfront. And the BEST kept secret for indoor heated water parks is Regent Park Centre and its free, regardless if you live in the Toronto area.

Also in Toronto there is a hotel called the Chelsea if you watch for deals you can stay the weekend for a very reasonable price and they have a crazy pool slide and fun kid amenities. My kids think this is like going to Disney Land Get a few other parents to chip in for a weekend. You just have to be careful about eating at the hotel as it can be too expensive. We bring our own food, and never have had any complaints from the hotel staff.

Comment

lol. winter. we don't do winter...I am the world's worst skier despite repeated lessons. I do love cross country skiing though. I probably will sign D2 up for skiing lessons when she's old enough- and ice skating...cause you know, Canada.

Do you and your daughter bond over skiing? that would be a great thing for you guys I'm guessing.

My daughter and I bond over crafts and cooking. She's learning how to bake with me. I built her a helper stool for her birthday. She loves building stuff- and being around her grandpa has been amazing for that. My dad taught me all about tools and every type of home DIY imaginable and I can already see her learning from him now.

Originally posted by kate331 View Post

Also in Toronto there is a hotel called the Chelsea if you watch for deals you can stay the weekend for a very reasonable price and they have a crazy pool slide and fun kid amenities. My kids think this is like going to Disney Land Get a few other parents to chip in for a weekend. You just have to be careful about eating at the hotel as it can be too expensive. We bring our own food, and never have had any complaints from the hotel staff.
      So my dad worked as a bartender at the Chelsea when it was the Delta Chelsea Inn for 20 years. I spent many PA days there when I was a kid- back in the good old days when no one blinked an eye about what an eight year old was doing sitting at the bar in the afternoon (my mom worked in Kensington Market and would grab me and my sister when she was done for the day).

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X