No announcement yet.

"Forced" Family Wizard (or equivalent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use ReadNotify.com, and no, the recipient does not know that you are using it. It's completely legal. ReadNotify can tell you when an email was delivered, when/if it was opened and when/if it was deleted. It works with gmail. It's about $5/month for the basic service, and it's a bit wonky sometimes in that you have to go to the ReadNotify site to check the status of your emails, they don't always deliver a receipt. But it's a good way to prove that a) you sent a message; and b) your ex (or someone using his/her email account) opened the message.

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
    ReadNotify.com is such a service.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
      I use ReadNotify.com, and no, the recipient does not know that you are using it. It's completely legal. ReadNotify can tell you...
      I would clarify this point, as *most* recipients won't be readily aware that you are using the service, simply because they are not more technical users of email.

The "use" of ReadNotify.com can still present itself to the recipient, depending on which email service/client they use to view emails, and if they bother to read the email headers and such. It's explained in the info on the site.

Comment

And in my opinion, OFW is the better all around solution, as it offers more than the "messaging/email".

Comment

And in my opinion, OFW is the better all around solution, as it offers more than the "messaging/email".
          I agree.

Email opens up a world of web-bugs which is how ReadNotify works and most of the "Internet Marketing" world works. It is similar to the email tracking system that the "stalker marketers" (SEO/SEM and SMM) use to track their customers.

This will render ReadNotify.com useless.

OFW will provide all this without having to use web-bugs and a tracker service such as ReadNotify... It will also do it for both parents so the information is open to both sides and not hidden from one of the parties.

Good Luck!
          Tayken

Comment

The "use" of ReadNotify.com can still present itself to the recipient, depending on which email service/client they use to view emails, and if they bother to read the email headers and such. It's explained in the info on the site.
            Ghostery and other browser add ons that strip SEM, SEO and SMM "stalker marketing" techniques... I haven't tested it on ReadNotify but, more than likely their web-bugs are registered with Ghostery too.

It actually isn't that hard today for an "average" user to render ReadNotify useless.

Good Luck!
            Tayken

Comment

Another point about ReadNotify - you may have a difficult time getting the ReadNotify receipt notifications admitted as evidence, without an expert computer witness. They will have to prove the program was working correctly, etc.

Family Wizard has a lot more credibility in a family court scenario, IMO.

Comment

As a possible alternative to family wizard, my lawyer had recommended a service called " the FRO solution". It is a much scaled down version of family wizard in that it tracks support payments. This is what I was told before discovering this forum and hearing about family wizard.

I never followed thru on the FRO solution for the same reasons why I am struggling with family wizard... It takes two to make it work.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X