SC's, Motions and Trial's.. Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
    I am pretty sure LF's last post was to change the subject and focus on the happy day with his daughter, straighttohell.

Perhaps you could focus on that as well?

I truly hope the little girl had a wonderful day.
    Oh, now you're actually interested in going with what LF32 wants to focus on? I would laugh, but I'm too busy aspirating from the load of irony that I just swallowed down the wrong hole.

I've truly hoped nothing but the best for LF32 and his daughter from the beginning, and have stepped up to the plate to help make that happen on a number of occasions. So, please spare me the lecture on what I should be focusing on, considering the number of times that you have tried to hijack his thread with attacks disguised as advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by straittohell View Post
      oh, now you're actually interested in going with what lf32 wants to focus on? I would laugh, but i'm too busy aspirating from the load of irony that i just swallowed down the wrong hole.

I've truly hoped nothing but the best for lf32 and his daughter from the beginning, and have stepped up to the plate to help make that happen on a number of occasions. So, please spare me the lecture on what i should be focusing on, considering the number of times that you have tried to hijack his thread with attacks disguised as advice.

deep cleansing yoga breaths, everybody!

Comment

• Oh sweet jesus can you all just let it go? You dont like LF32, his situation, his decisions, his statements, his life, his words, his meaning of existence etc. WE GET IT. Heres the rub though, you dont have to read this forum, post, come back, fight, make pronouncements or even bother to click read. Go participate in another thread. Start your own. Find a whole new forum for people like you. Why do you feel the need to hijack a thread where others are actually enjoying their participation? (Thats rhetorical by the way).

Comment

• Originally posted by rockscan View Post
          Oh sweet jesus can you all just let it go? You dont like LF32, his situation, his decisions, his statements, his life, his words, his meaning of existence etc. WE GET IT. Heres the rub though, you dont have to read this forum, post, come back, fight, make pronouncements or even bother to click read. Go participate in another thread. Start your own. Find a whole new forum for people like you. Why do you feel the need to hijack a thread where others are actually enjoying their participation? (Thats rhetorical by the way).
          WHAT HE SAID, MOVE ALONG S&T & OntDaddy! Enough already!!

Comment

• I concur...I've had enough too.

Comment

• Birthday was AMAZING!!

Cinderella showed up and put on quite a show. Magic show, face painting, balloon animals, arts and crafts (bracelets, etc) and singing disney songs. D3 believed it was the real Cinderella and was crowned because Cinderella said D3 had the "heart of a princess".

We did the pinata (of course we made it so that D3 broke it open) and they all loved it. All of hr neighborhood friends were here. D3 laughed and screamed with joy all day. I was bagged as I decided to build a patio the night before (yes I'm handy lol) and was still hammering nails at 1:00am. But it was all worth it.

We finished off the night by sitting by the fire pit roasting marshmallows and telling stories.

D3 looked deep in to my eyes and said "Daddy .. I hope you know I love you sooo much ... you're the best daddy in the whole wide world". And gave me the tightest hug. God I love that little girl.

She didnt want to leave in the morning. So I had a talk about how much her mommy loves her. She said she wanted to live here. I told her that many kids have 2 houses .. that they're super lucky to have 2 of many things.

At this time last year it was so hard. Not even a phone call on her b-day. It's amazing how much you're re-energized and alive when people allow you to see your child. I have so many photos and videos it's ridiculous. I still have a perma-smile.

Just thought I'd share one of the happiest days I've had all year in the midst of the foulness that's plagued my thread recently.

For those "parents" who have been denied access and had false allegation hurled at them ... keep fighting. NEVER give up! They eventually get found out and you will be in your child's life.
              Last edited by LovingFather32; 06-01-2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Your update made my day.

Comment

• Happy for you and your daughter that you were able to share her birthday this year and had a great day together!

Comment

• Sounds like you both had a great day, congratulations!

With the "two houses" thing, especially for younger kids, it helps if you can point out other specific kids who split their time between two place (e.g. "Susie has two houses too, and Bobby spends half time with his mom and half with his dad"). it's good to normalize it early on, so kids don't feel like they're freakish. Could also contextualize it in terms of all the differences amongst kids (e.g. some kids live in apartments, some kids live in houses, some kids have brothers, some kids have sisters, some kids have two mommies, some kids have a mommy and a daddy, some kids like art, some kids like sports ... etc).

Comment

• So now your cutie-pie is D4! Wow! sounds like she had a wonderful time ... these are the memories that both of you will cherish 20 years from now! It makes all the bad stuff pale in comparison.

I'm an old lady and trust me when I say that the love/respect of our children is the most precious thing in the world.

Your last post made me smile

P.S. LF32 could you please empty your PM box lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                        Oh sweet jesus can you all just let it go? You dont like LF32, his situation, his decisions, his statements, his life, his words, his meaning of existence etc. WE GET IT. Heres the rub though, you dont have to read this forum, post, come back, fight, make pronouncements or even bother to click read. Go participate in another thread. Start your own. Find a whole new forum for people like you. Why do you feel the need to hijack a thread where others are actually enjoying their participation? (Thats rhetorical by the way).
                        Well said, I must say.

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
                        Your last post made me smile
                        You know I like to make you smile Jan.

P.S - PM box cleared.

Comment

• BTW.. regarding case-building .. a poster once told me:

Originally posted by OntarioDaddyMan View Post
                          Somethingelse- my point was that he can prove it and that's what will matter. Facts.

My ex is stonewalling me now. Assuming that this was legal advice to the ex.

In the end, as Long as you can prove ( through factual evidence ) that you are going above and beyond and the ex is still stonewalling can only be a good thing in your favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Thank you for encouraging me to build my case. I agree with you 100%.

Also, regarding the antics on the forum, the same poster had some great advice:

Originally posted by OntarioDaddyMan View Post
                          I find that this forum is turning out to be more of a Soap Opera where ones point of view or question turns into a bitch fest between senior members.
                          There are still people out there who turn to this forum for assistance.
                          Agreed. The back and forth's need to come to a halt...in any thread. I will refer to Rockscan's last post above as I can't say it any better.

Comment

• Can we move on now?

Comment

• Father's day coming up. The Sunday is on her weekend. This should be fun.

Been so many access denials I cant count them anymore. How long is usually asked. The day I would assume?

Comment

• Here's an interesting case. Caselaw like this teach parents that lying, abduction, false allegations and denying the other parent to be in the other's life will grant them "CUSTODY". Although I understood the judges decision, there HAS to be another way. Parent's cant keep using the system to wreak havoc like this.

http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc...&resultIndex=2

[4] The separation has been a very bitter one from the Mother’s perspective. The Mother clearly has done everything she can against the Father and to prevent a relationship between the Father and Ihsan, without regard to the fact it would be in the best interests of Ihsan to have a relationship with her biological father. I do not come to this conclusion lightly but, it is clear from the affidavits and material before this court that the Father has attempted and wants to maintain a relationship with Ihsan. However, this relationship has not happened because of the Mother’s actions. The Mother’s affidavits took every possible opportunity to disparage, denigrate and paint the Father as a terrorist, abusive person, thief, fraud and a liar.

[5] The Mother missed no opportunity to try to harm the Father’s interests or have him removed from her and her daughter’s life.

[13] There is little doubt that the lack of contact between the Father and Ihsan was due to the Mother’s interference and refusal to let the Father have a relationship with Ishan. The Mother’s affidavits do not deal with the Father’s attempts to maintain a relationship with Ihsan.
                                There is no disagreement between the Mother and the Father that as a result of the Father’s 10 day trip to Saudi Arabia to see Ihsan, the Father only got to see Ihsan for 15 to 30 minutes.
                                Oh .. and this is what ex is trying to do .. but not with a professional. If it were with a qualified professional D4 would be deemed fine. But ex's witness counselor I'm sure could produce something magnificent for her.

[28] The Mother states Ihsan became ill after her visit with her Father, she couldn’t sleep and she had headaches. According to the Mother Ihsan remained ill for several months. The Mother took Ihsan to a psychiatrist. The Mother produced a “Preliminary Medical Report” dated October 30, 2008. The doctor had first seen Ihsan on October 30, 2008, which was more than 4 months after the Father had been to Saudi Arabia and had briefly seen his daughter. This Preliminary Medical Report describes Ihsan’s medical condition as “separation anxiety”. The Mother was with Ihsan when she went to the see the doctor who produced this report.
                                Gee thanks Mr. Psychiatrist. I hope the report touched on at least some of the repercussions on the child from daddy being erased. I wonder what schhol of thought the psychiatrist studied.

I really like the following:

[46] The Mother fails to comprehend the emotional harm she has done to Ihsan in prohibiting, discouraging or failing to encourage access to her Father for years. This concern was described very well by Justice Himel in Orszak v. Orszak (2000), 2000 CanLII 22529 (ON SC), 8 R.F.L. (5th) 350 (S.C.J.) where she stated:

I should also emphasize that the failure to permit access by a child to a parent may result in emotional harm to that child. Emotional harm has now been included in the recent amendments as one of the grounds for finding a child is in "need of protection" under the Child and Family Services Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.11 as amended (March 31, 2000). The consequences of wrongful denial of access are also the subject of enactments to s. 34 of the Children's Law Reform Act. Although those provisions are not yet in force as of April, 2000, they are awaiting proclamation.

What did the judge think?

[77] In this case, Ihsan would have a much better opportunity to build relationships with both parents if the Father were to be the custodial parent. Clearly, the Mother would have the financial means to maintain contact and have access to Ihsan for significant periods of time throughout the year. On the other hand, if the Mother is the custodial parent, the Father has limited financial resources to travel to Saudi Arabia and has travel restrictions due to his nationality.
                                Hey, the mother did a great job I guess. The judge states that although she caused all of this and will not support a relationship b/w dad and child ... well .. just read the following.

[79] The difficulty with this case is that the psychological and physical distress to Ihsan that appears to be undeniable when the Father has attempted to exercise access. This sense of abandonment Ihsan feels is a significant factor to take into account. No doubt this feeling by Ihsan is directly attributable to the Mother’s conduct. I raise this, not because the Mother’s conduct is directly relevant, but because it impacts on the best needs of Ihsan. As stated in Gordon v. Geortz (1996), 1996 CanLII 191 (SCC), 19 R.F.L. (4th) 177 (S.C.C.), parental conduct, no matter how reprehensible, does not enter into the analysis unless it relates to the ability of that parent to meet the needs of the child. Section 24(3) of the Children’s Law Reform Act reaffirms this concept.

[80] Unfortunately, as much as the Mother’s behaviour has been reprehensible in this case, and should not be permitted to have created a situation favourable to her case at the cost of Ihsan’s relationship with her Father, the fact is this Court has no choice but look to the future and determine what is in Ihsan’s best interests.

[84] Hence, the dilemma in this case. In my view, the negative impact on Ihsan is minimized by allowing Ihsan to continue to be in the Mother’s custody. Given the above factors, I must conclude that it is in Ihsan’s best interest to remain in the custody of the Mother.
                                And this my friend's, is why the process is flawed. I get the child will need time to transition back. But continuing to allow her on her spree of erasing the father will have more long term effects than meets the eye.

As the judge writes:

Had there been any other way to achieve Ihsan’s best interests than by letting Ihsan remain in her Mother’s custody, I would have done so without hesitation. However, the court’s desire to sanction the Mother is irrelevant when faced with the only way to meet Ihsan’s best interests is to continue the custodial arrangements and permit her to go with her Mother, the very person who caused the short term and likely long term issues for Ihsan.
                                I smell some crazy parental alienation going on in this case. But it wasn't touched upon at all.

I get the judges decision .. I truly do. The child came first. But what is this teaching other parents out there?

Abduct, lie, false allegations, deny access. And guess what .. you will achieve custody. Dont forget to make sure your child becomes very mentally ill in the process, especially directly after visits with dad. Pretty gross stuff here .. but the judge had no place to go .. stuck in the mud. Clearly he didnt agree with the mom's actions. Didn't matter. STOP REINFORCING these kinds of actions. What is this teaching parent's?

Wait 10 years when the child is furious with mom for doing this. There will be more distress than the judge could have ever dreamed of.
                                Last edited by LovingFather32; 06-02-2015, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X