This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denying access

What will happen if I deny access? My daughter is scheduled to goto her father's house this weekend. However, his house was shot at a few days ago, with one of the bullets entering her window casing and exiting her bedroom wall. Needless to say, I'm terrified.

He will sue you and win.

Comment

Originally posted by mcky2015 View Post
      However, his house was shot at a few days ago, with one of the bullets entering her window casing and exiting her bedroom wall.
      Why? Is it a crackhouse or was this a random event or somewhere in between?

Comment

You have no right to deny access. I would suggest speaking to your ex about your concerns and ask how he plans to address your child's safety with the current situation.

Maybe you can suggest that he stay with her at an alternate location, like a grandparents place, until her room can be repaired?
        Last edited by Pharah; 11-18-2010, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcky2015 View Post
          What will happen if I deny access? My daughter is scheduled to goto her father's house this weekend. However, his house was shot at a few days ago, with one of the bullets entering her window casing and exiting her bedroom wall. Needless to say, I'm terrified.
          You don't have grounds to unilaterally deny the child access to her Father.

If you are concerned that this was not an isolated incident, contact a Lawyer and CAS and have a home evaluation completed, and file a Motion requesting that access take place in a "safe" location.

Unless the Father was outside, provoking someone to shoot at his house, then it is hardly his fault.... and refusing him the ability to spend time with his child is a punishment that you have no right to enforce.

Comment

Do NOT deny access unless you have tangible proof that her life is in danger by going. I'm sure your daughter's father does not want her to come to any harm while she is with him.
            Communicate your concerns with your daughter's father. Perhaps she can sleep in a safer area of the house in another room not facing the street or where ever direction the bullet came from?
            How did you find out about the bullet?
            I can empathize with your fear, but don't deny access.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X