View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 09:15 PM
logicalvelocity logicalvelocity is offline
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,943
logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Generally all the preceedings are located where the child lives. Family Law Rules of Ontario dictate this. I am not sure about the Quebec rules.

It would be economical (legal fee) wise to have everything dealt with in one jurisdiction.

Not sure of the circumstance and the reasons why your making an attempt to control access to the child, and have it occur in the Peel region, but you do have an onus to facilitate maximum contact and access between the child and the other parent as long as the child is not in any harm physically or emotionally.

Contact and access is the child's right and is subject to the best interest of the child. Courts will generally endorse maximum contact unless it is proofed being contrary to being in the child's best interest.

I have looked for quebec web sites for applicable forms but most of those quebec government sites are in the french language.