View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6
DADCANTWIN is on a distinguished road

Im in a similar situation as well. The way it was explained to me is that.
a) common law works a bit different . Anything that is titled, remains that individuals property after seperation with the exception of a home.
b) the home should be set up like you say tenants in common and have your boyfriend pay you rent by check.
c) have a seperation agreement drawn up before it has been 3 yrs. OR if you have kids together.
d) WHY are you worried about going back to the lawyer. IF his feelings get hurt...TOO BAD! That should further indicate to you to get it done proper.