polygraph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polygraph

Anyone ever failed a polygraph test even though they were telling the truth, if so what do you do

What was the polygraph for?

Comment

ex made false allegations that my grandson or myself put some bruises on my great grandaughter legs, I know the mother did it, because we had been reporting the bruises to cas for the last month they had me do a polygraph first to be honest they did not actually say I had failed it, they said I did badly on it and then tried to get me to confess to bruising her, of course I did not so I just said they were wrong regardless of what the test said, then they said they could not do my grandsons because of my results, I am not going to admit to something I did not do, because I know I did not do it, even accidently, she made the allegation the day the child was supposed to come back to us, and apparently noticed it the day after the child returned from us, but did not report it for 4 days, yeah right, she knew what would happen as soon as we noticed it on the child, we would have reported it right away,

Comment

I have some experience with polygraph tests. Although I have never failed one, I know of many who have. Polygraph tests are NOT always correct and alot of the "false positives" are due to the individual's stress given the situation. Clear your mind, listen to the question, think of nothing else and speak the truth.

Demand another test.

Comment

I don't think you can use them in Court

Comment

The best way to never fail one is to never take one under any conditions. All lawyers I've ever met swear by this.

However, not taking the test has in my experience been at least as bad as taking it and failing it. My psychologists suggests they are still used because a failed result is often stressful enough to cause a guilty person to confess. Police really like confessions so they continue to use them as an interrogation tactic regardless of the results or their lack of validity.

I elected not to take a test and risk a false positive during a criminal investigation. Instead I was assumed to be 100% guilty and treated as such by police and CAS. I have not seen the kids in 5 months now, despite having done nothing and there being no evidence of wrongdoing by me.

Here's the clincher: While they are not admissible in court, CAS does not have meet the burden of evidence in order to destroy your family. CAS can ruin your life quite effectively long before they ever step into a court room. They don't need solid evidence, for them it's good enough to have a suspicion, or simply "balance the probability of guilt". Thus, if it seems possible that you caused the injury, they will act as if you did, even when you did not and they could never prove it in court.

Good luck in your matter, though I would not have taken a test that is 60% accurate and rely on the facts of the case instead.

Comment

re polygraph

Well the father has not taken the test, I have been told police can lie to get a confession out of you, they never actually said I failed the test and I know if the mother undergoes one she will crack, and I know it was her who hurt the child so I guess we will have to wait and see

Comment

You are correct, police lie like crazy, intimidate, bully and torment anyone they consider a good suspect. Be very wary of them. Do not believe or take seriously anything they tell you unless you have seen evidence of it for yourself. In almost all cases, police will say you failed some or all of a polygraph test simply because they want to see your reaction. You will probably never know if you actually passed or failed.

Just because the tests are so inaccurate, don't assume anyone will ever pass or fail or crack and confess. Just as you did not hurt the child but failed the test, the person who DID hurt the child may easily pass. It depends on the personality of the examiner and the subject, the control questions used and the subjective life experience of the subject as well. A really well done test may achieve 90% accuracy, but they are almost never well done.

Comment

CAS does not have meet the burden of evidence in order to destroy your family. CAS can ruin your life quite effectively long before they ever step into a court room. They don't need solid evidence, for them it's good enough to have a suspicion, or simply "balance the probability of guilt". Thus, if it seems possible that you caused the injury, they will act as if you did, even when you did not and they could never prove it in court.
                  Incorrect. CAS has a burden of proof like any other organization. They CANNOT arbitrarily apprehend a child. Yes, they can do so "on suspicion", but if they go that route they MUST haul you into court within 5 days to prove (to a judge) as to why their involvement is necessary.

They CANNOT hold your children hostage unless you either agree to it, OR they have sufficient evidence to get a court order.

CAS only has three choices when they believe something has occurred.

1. Get you to VOLUNTARILY agree to their involvement
                  2. Get the court to ORDER their involvement.
                  3. Close the file

That's it. If you don't voluntarily agree to their involvement, AND they can't get a court order, they have to close the file.

Comment

What about motions? I honestly have never been inside a court room yet, but aren't motions basically decided on an "it seemed like a good idea at the time" basis?

They threatened to my partner that unless she "voluntarily" agreed to their access restrictions, they would file a motion to remove my access.

And it's the apprehension of the children at all that worries her. They have her scared that any resistance on her part will result in immediate and swift removal of her children, despite the fact that we do not live together.

Comment

The very reason you feel all those emotions about the polygraph means, it worked and you didn't fail, you passed. You are nervous, unsure and off balance. Like WW7 said, it is an interrogation tool or, manipulation tool. Look at the whole picture; they haven't got anything but, I bet the dad is going to be really nervous about taking one. They are painting a picture they want you to fall into.

When I took the test; the test itself was no more then 5 minutes. The interrogation leading up to the actual test was 20X that. Part of the process is to give you a break before the real test...last chance to run I bet. Everything is not as it would seem...I bet you a dollar on that. And sorry to say but, by the sounds of your post you sound senior so, shame on them putting you through all that.

WW7, nothing ever lasts forever.

Comment

yes I am the great grandmother 56 so not that old but not that young I am hoping they realize that the mother is guilty before that, apparently the polygraph person , who says there is only one in ont who can do it, is away until jan , we go to court on the 9th, CAS is on my hit list as well, they let the mother and child live in a womans shelter because her mom kicked her out with out telling us where the child was, and I think the mother knew the judge would give her to the dad on our court date which was supposed to be this week, when she found out where they were living, suspicious yes, hmmmmmmmm

Comment

1) No one in the Justice system except the police acknowledge that the Polygraph is a reliable test. It is considered pseudo-science and most Judges won't even DISCUSS the polygraph much less put any validity into it. Every single Judge I have come across resents the polygraph and rolls their eyes of it. I know for fact, that is considered lazy investigating by the police. If they want a polygraph from you that means they have ZERO evidence and you are, most likely, being rail roaded into a confession.
                          2) CAS can't order or use a polygraph against you. It sounds like you have been given bad advice and need a competent lawyer pronto
                          3) Police lie and twist facts. When they investigate they pick "the bad" guy and you are it- you will "fail" the polygraph

You need to get a lawyer. Always refuse a polygraph as any INDEPENDENT study of them will tell you flipping a coin is more accurate.

PS. You give CAS too much credit. They have a lot of "power" but that power can easily be curbed by a Judge. I can't picture any Judge listening to "polygraph evidence' and taking the case against you seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by SillyMe View Post
                            The very reason you feel all those emotions about the polygraph means, it worked and you didn't fail, you passed. You are nervous, unsure and off balance. Like WW7 said, it is an interrogation tool or, manipulation tool. Look at the whole picture; they haven't got anything but, I bet the dad is going to be really nervous about taking one. They are painting a picture they want you to fall into.

When I took the test; the test itself was no more then 5 minutes. The interrogation leading up to the actual test was 20X that. Part of the process is to give you a break before the real test...last chance to run I bet. Everything is not as it would seem...I bet you a dollar on that. And sorry to say but, by the sounds of your post you sound senior so, shame on them putting you through all that.

WW7, nothing ever lasts forever.
                            That's why YOU NEVER TAKE A POLYGRAPH. Police like it because they control the outcome. If they don't like you- you fail.They like you- You pass.

Don't kid yourself. I took part in numerous polygraph tests. It's bunk science. The only ones who say "it works" are the manufacturers of this bunk science tool. You might as well ask the cops to get a psychic.

"[Polygraph screening] is completely without any theoretical foundation and has absolutely no validity...the diagnostic value of this type of testing is no more than that of astrology or tea-leaf reading."

Former Supervisory Special Agent
                            Dr. Drew C. Richardson,
                            FBI Laboratory Division
                            Last edited by danzuchy; 12-17-2011, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by winterwolf7 View Post
                              What about motions? I honestly have never been inside a court room yet, but aren't motions basically decided on an "it seemed like a good idea at the time" basis?

They threatened to my partner that unless she "voluntarily" agreed to their access restrictions, they would file a motion to remove my access.

And it's the apprehension of the children at all that worries her. They have her scared that any resistance on her part will result in immediate and swift removal of her children, despite the fact that we do not live together.
                              So what? Fight the "motion" and ask for costs. Once this is done, get a civil lawyer and sue CAS. Also a formal complaint to Liar Premier and the Ontario Ombudsman will do a nice little job of pushing for his oversight of CAS.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X