Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case...father loses parenting time over vaccination status

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/oncj/do....html#document

This one seems a bit on draconian side given the low case counts in general and that his alleged first dose would give him some protection. My ex has an apparent exemption that is likely a discretionary one and she claims my kids are sick often...hmm

Regarding vaccine exemptions, this is one of those things where doctors are not entitled to discretion. For masks mandates we have discretion.

I dunno- it seems pretty reasonable.

How are you going to say you had a severe allergic reaction and have NO record of that reaction? Wouldn't a doctor writing the exemption at least check to see if the patient was admitted for a reaction?

The kid is susceptible to respiratory illness. And has the proper documentation proving this.

Reading the decision- I don't think it's draconian at all. It's precautionary. NCP still gets to see kid- just outside. And it's a temporary order.

Comment

I totally agree the father is fos. The medical note was either from a mercinary doctor or fabricated.

I just wonder if it will be a floodgate one. I am totally pro vaccine.

I just do think the odds of the father contracting covid with the case count is quite low. Well.see if others follow.

The h pylori part is honestly overkill, it is sooooo treatable and if the father was positive on the blood test it does not mean he actually has it (this blood test shows if u have ever had it) and would need a break breath test to confirm active infection. By that point child is already infected...and given antibiotics and all is better.

As an aside, h pylori was always causing perforated ulcers. The scientist who discovered this was laughed at, then he drank soup loaded with it..and then got really sick and every one praised him.

Comment

Im with kkc on this. It seems like the mother was grasping. H. pylori is the ulcer bacteria which is not contagious. She’s claiming her kid got infected from an outdoor visit? Bullshit.

The father should have provided as much documentation as possible and there is a way to be vaccinated while in medical care for allergic reactions. I will give them that but the rest is bullshit.

She sends her kid to school? Schools are high case counts! She claims kid has bronchospasm being in the cold, does she keep her inside during the winter? So many red flags on this that scream trying to reduce time.

There was a case in Windsor where a parent had supervised access ordered because they were taking their kids to anti vaxx rallies and exposing them to large crowds. That was legit in my opinion, this was a total waste of time.

Comment

The visitation time went from 2 hours to 1 hour.

I simply do not agree that vaccination status should affect parenting and do not understand why the Judge took it into consideration boggles my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
            Im with kkc on this. It seems like the mother was grasping. H. pylori is the ulcer bacteria which is not contagious. She�s claiming her kid got infected from an outdoor visit? Bullshit.

The father should have provided as much documentation as possible and there is a way to be vaccinated while in medical care for allergic reactions. I will give them that but the rest is bullshit.

She sends her kid to school? Schools are high case counts! She claims kid has bronchospasm being in the cold, does she keep her inside during the winter? So many red flags on this that scream trying to reduce time.

There was a case in Windsor where a parent had supervised access ordered because they were taking their kids to anti vaxx rallies and exposing them to large crowds. That was legit in my opinion, this was a total waste of time.
            Originally posted by Kkc View Post
            I totally agree the father is fos. The medical note was either from a mercinary doctor or fabricated.

I just wonder if it will be a floodgate one. I am totally pro vaccine.

I just do think the odds of the father contracting covid with the case count is quite low. Well.see if others follow.

The h pylori part is honestly overkill, it is sooooo treatable and if the father was positive on the blood test it does not mean he actually has it (this blood test shows if u have ever had it) and would need a break breath test to confirm active infection. By that point child is already infected...and given antibiotics and all is better.

As an aside, h pylori was always causing perforated ulcers. The scientist who discovered this was laughed at, then he drank soup loaded with it..and then got really sick and every one praised him.
            guys- the h pylori is a red herring. the Judge didn't even touch it in the decision.

the judge made a decision that erred on the side of caution in this case because of covid.

the mom might have been grasping and throwing up silly arguments- but I think as it relates to the covid issue- the court got it right here.

It's a reduction in parenting time...but only temporary. If this dude is only getting 2 hrs a week, supervised with his kid...there's more to it.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
              the judge made a decision that erred on the side of caution in this case because of covid.

the mom might have been grasping and throwing up silly arguments- but I think as it relates to the covid issue- the court got it right here.

It's a reduction in parenting time...but only temporary. If this dude is only getting 2 hrs a week, supervised with his kid...there's more to it.
              I don't know...reduction from 2 hours to 1 hour, how much does that reduce the risk. The man does not have COVID, is the child being actively sheltered from all of the world that is not vaccinated?

I don't like it when judges make decisions that don't make sense, because that often means, like you said, something else was at play; something that was not about the legality of it. Maybe the judge just needed an excuse to rule against him.

Look, I am vaccinated and I can't see myself saying the other parent can't have access because they are not; not at this stage. There are far greater risks in the general world for children.

Comment

Judge was nice in this one. I would have told the partially unvaccinated parent to get real medical evidence that they are exempt and removed all access and told him to go pound sand until he either had the second dose confirmation or a REAL medical exemption.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                  Judge was nice in this one. I would have told the partially unvaccinated parent to get real medical evidence that they are exempt and removed all access and told him to go pound sand until he either had the second dose confirmation or a REAL medical exemption.
                  It is absolutely silly.
                  More kids of that age die from drowning in backyard pools than COVID so far.
                  What are they going to do, take away access for having a pool?

It is all personal opinion....no numbers on this stuff just speculation and that is worrisome for this and other items that are not COVID.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
                    It is absolutely silly.
                    More kids of that age die from drowning in backyard pools than COVID so far.
                    What are they going to do, take away access for having a pool?

It is all personal opinion....no numbers on this stuff just speculation and that is worrisome for this and other items that are not COVID.
                    What you and many anti-vax (assuming you are) fail to understand is that children carry the virus and then infect those who are vulnerable.

Vaccination is only partially about protecting the actual individual it is more about protecting the community.

And yes... Judges have taken kids away from parents who have unsafe living environments. Having a "pool" isn't the issue... Not locking the gate to the pool when the young children are outside... not watching young children in the pool... etc... its a sign of bad parenting...

Judge to Parent with Pool: Do you lock the gate and supervise the children when they are in the pool? Do you know how to swim and are there proper safety devices in place?

Reasonable parent: Yes. Yes and Yes.

Unreasonable parent: My pool my rules! My kids are smart! They won't drown in a pool. More kids are hit by cars than die in pools! Did you know that the number of people who drowned by falling into a pool correlates with Films Nicolas Cage has appeared in from 1999-2009! (https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations) So maybe I shouldn't be letting my kids watch Nicolas Cage movies!!!

Anti-vax folks survive on spurious correlations all the time... So do high-conflict parents.
                    Last edited by Tayken; 11-12-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                      What you and many anti-vax (assuming you are) fail to understand is that children carry the virus and then infect those who are vulnerable.

Vaccination is only partially about protecting the actual individual it is more about protecting the community.

And yes... Judges have taken kids away from parents who have unsafe living environments. Having a "pool" isn't the issue... Not locking the gate to the pool when the young children are outside... not watching young children in the pool... etc... its a sign of bad parenting...

Judge to Parent with Pool: Do you lock the gate and supervise the children when they are in the pool? Do you know how to swim and are there proper safety devices in place?

Reasonable parent: Yes. Yes and Yes.

Unreasonable parent: My pool my rules! My kids are smart! They won't drown in a pool. More kids are hit by cars than die in pools! Did you know that the number of people who drowned by falling into a pool correlates with Films Nicolas Cage has appeared in from 1999-2009! (https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations) So maybe I shouldn't be letting my kids watch Nicolas Cage movies!!!

Anti-vax folks survive on spurious correlations all the time... So do high-conflict parents.

Just because someone doesn’t want their child vaccinated against this doesn’t make them antivax… my children are fully vaccinated, my husband and I are fully vaccinated against covid but I don’t see us getting our young children vaccinated against covid. As parents we all make decisions for our children and there are many reasons parents will choose not to get their children vaccinated.

Not to mention… there are many vaccinated individuals who are still spreading the virus… I have personally had two fully vaccinated family members still catch this virus and pass it on to vulnerable people. The vaccine did not stop that from happening unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Decisions have consequences. Just no...

Comment

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
                          Decisions have consequences. Just no...

Whatever that means. Are you saying fully vaccinated folks like myself can’t spread covid? I’m well aware I can still spread the virus. The vaccine isn’t stopping that

Comment

Nor is it suppose to.... smh

Comment

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
                              Nor is it suppose to.... smh

So then what’s your point?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X