View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 07:13 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

With my own first hand experience;

I have a shared 50-50 custody regime in place for a number of years. "Our" child is thriving having BOTH parents equally involved in their life in a meaningful way.

Child support is not an issue. Tabled amount of CS is paid. In addition, I provide a home for our child. I am always purchasing clothing, and items that our child requires. Our child is free to bring these items back and forth between the homes. I also pay 100% of dental and I also provide an extended health benefit.

I believe the majority of people are very sincere and desire to be actively involved in their children's lives in a meaningful way. They don't want to be marginalized out of the child's life to a few days a month when they and the child were use to seeing each other every day. How can this be in the child's interest to do so. I don't think payable child support reduction has much to do with it. Shared custody regimes actually cost MORE money.

Ultimately is the child's best interest that will determine the custody regime.

LV