View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 11:36 AM
HammerDad HammerDad is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 3,972
HammerDad will become famous soon enough

No, contempt of court applies where the parties do not agree to the changes to the court order and one party is unilaterally trying to impose changes, or, willingly or negligently disregards the provisions of the court order. While you may have a court order, you are free to agree to any such change as you may determine.

It is highly recommended that such agreement be put in writing and it would also be recommended that any change to a court order be filed with the court.