This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavits and rules of court for trial

I am wondering if all affidavits that are filed during the divorce process are read by the trial judge? There have been many between my ex and I in the past couple of years and it appears I am headed for trial. I was just sitting back and rereading all of them, wondering if a trial judge will ever get to read them. Anyone know how this works?

Thanks
    GDGM

GDGM,

who really knows what the Judge will read. However it is good to read all the paperwork filed to refrese your memory and gain a perspective of the whole picture.

lv

Comment

From my experience, they usually do not read them. Or they read the first page. So it is very important to get your point across in one page (two maximum). Some read them at night, but most read them while they are sitting at the bench. Just bizzare!

It sickens me that entire lives are at stake, 1000's of dollars, yet I have had judges NOT read briefs or affidavits. Just sickening.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X