Time line for appeals??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time line for appeals??

Anyone know what the timeline is for making an appeal regarding a final decision at trial? Ex got slaughtered at trial...has to pay costs. Now he is threatening to appeal. How long does he have and from what date (ie date decision was released or date decision was put into final order?) thx!!

Don't know about appeals but glad to see you got costs awarded annapurna66!

Comment

Thanks YoungDad! It was actually pretty darn awesome....especially since I was self-represented the whole way. Was hoping decision and cost award would deter ex from stepping back into court but looks like I may be returning to the courthouse if he appeals.

Comment

(for Quebec) Normally you have to file an appeal within 30 days.

It is expensive and the bar is extremely high. It's like asking drinking buddies at the bar to turn their friend in for a DUI.

Comment

How long does he have and from what date
          From the date of the decision (which is the date the Order will say), he has thirty days to give notice.

An appeal is made if the trial judge made an error in law or an error in fact. Generally, appellate courts do not disturb the findings of fact made by a trial judge since they only see the transcript, not the witnesses.

Comment

Great...thanks for the info. Sounds like it will be difficult for my ex...maybe he will just drop it...pay the cost award and let everyone get on with their lives. Sigh....wouldn't that be great (she said wishfully) a month without a legal proceeding to prepare for.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X