Easter access denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter access denied

My x just denied access for this weekend Easter breaching the court order. I called the cops to enforce my access but they told me that the order has to be "police enforceable" in order to come and to enforce the access order. Now I'm sitting and thinking how this could be possible, what can I do now? How can I record this incident for my next SC/TMC conference if there is no occurrence report from police?

Originally posted by paco View Post
    My x just denied access for this weekend Easter breaching the court order. I called the cops to enforce my access but they told me that the order has to be "police enforceable" in order to come and to enforce the access order. Now I'm sitting and thinking how this could be possible, what can I do now? How can I record this incident for my next SC/TMC conference if there is no occurrence report from police?
    You print the email she wrote dictating that there would be no access.

You send her an email repeating that it is your time with the children and you intend to pick them up as scheduled, and keep her reply.

You go pick them up as scheduled, and if they are not where they are supposed to be, you buy something from a nearby store and keep the receipt to prove you were in the area.

Etc.

Comment

today at 5pm was the pick up schedule, then I wait for 30min, they didn't show up, she sent me yesterday an email dictating that it's her time this year for Easter as I had them last year, but there is no agreement in this regard. The court order clearly states that it's my time this weekend. What can I do now? I didn't know that I have to buy something to prove my presence with a receipt. There is security people at her place lobby, maybe this can help?

Comment

what does your court order say about holidays?

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
          what does your court order say about holidays?
          it doesn't say anything about holidays, it says that the access is increased "starting with March 21st, the applicant (father) shall have access to the children on Fridays, after school until Sunday 6pm, the applicant is to pick up D7 at school, and then attend at the respondent home to pick up S2" every other weekend, and Wednesdays access stays the same.
          So today was no school I went straight at 5pm at her place. She claims that we have a verbal agreement from last year OCL disclosure, I told her lawyer that there is no such agreement, verbal or writing.

Comment

you really need to get it written into the order. If you had the kids last easter then to be fair she should have them this easter.

Comment

Ouch! This is my first Easter without my little one. Im having a hard time with it. I would go get the "holidays" cleared up.

Comment

you really need to get it written into the order. If you had the kids last easter then to be fair she should have them this easter.
                the problem is that last year I had a different access schedule, it was only during the day time, Saturday and Sunday only, so technically she had the kids too. The issue here is it should be considered a breach of the order?

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                  Ouch! This is my first Easter without my little one. Im having a hard time with it. I would go get the "holidays" cleared up.
                  how to do that? I'm self rep, do I need a motion for this? How do I have to do the order "police enforceable"?

Comment

Originally posted by paco View Post
                    the problem is that last year I had a different access schedule, it was only during the day time, Saturday and Sunday only, so technically she had the kids too. The issue here is it should be considered a breach of the order?
                    I honestly don't know. Your order doesn't cover the holidays and it should. Why were holidays not put in the order?

Comment

I honestly don't know. Your order doesn't cover the holidays and it should. Why were holidays not put in the order?
                      it was a case conference a month ago, and it was pretty short time to discuss everything. Holidays were not covered in the order, and I should think about it, and also the order is not "police enforceable", and it should be.

Comment

Holidays usually do not follow the regular scheduled time. Honestly, I am with your ex on this one, if you had the kids last year, this year should be her year. I would just suck this one up and send the ex an email stating going forward Holidays should be shared as follows and ask if she agrees. When you are in court next make sure you get holidays outlined.

Comment

right, it looks like this is it, not much I can do. I'll make sure my next court date will catch all these loose flies...thanks for all replies, Happy Easter everyone!

Comment

Don't forget to hide eggs around your house, and then tell the kids when you pick them up on Wednesday that they really need to clean up your house, as you've been stumbling across candy for three days now.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X