View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 07:55 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future
Default Continued...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldclub View Post
Yes, and? We are speaking about a military member as stated above.

Leveraging? Like what? A rock in the air, a la Yoda? No, you're right, discipline helps but there are definitely a lot of once strongly-disciplined vets out there having one helluva time coping with civilian life back in Canada.
Remember, that the other party may leverage your military experience, and your admission here against interest, that there are a lot of military "coping with civilian life" which includes raising children. I would not recommend putting this argument forward because it could impact a judicial decision on "best interests" as you would find yourself having to argue that you are not one of them who are struggling.

Quote:
Please Tayken, don't give me the "life is stressful" crap. Seriously. Don't compare stresses we face here in Canada to those our soldiers have faced in Afghanistan or other places.
Standard military argument (egocentric) given all the time. Furthermore, welcome to the civilian world (public) where opinions and perspectives matter.

Quote:
Oh, so the civilians are having a tougher go in these hotspots than the soldiers? Have you ever worked with NGOs?
Everyone in a "hot spot" has equal opportunity to die. It is a basic element to the psychology.

Quote:
I have on multiple occasions and let me tell you, for the most part they have it much, much better than the soldiers do. I speak in terms of living conditions, pay and exposure to risk. They don't get ordered to be put in harm's way. They actually have a say in the matter, lucky for them.
They signed better employment contracts to be in the same place and work.

Quote:
And if they don't know who the enemy is, imagine us. I admire some of them, I was offered a job there myself and I feel there is a great need for them. There are definitely some brave civilians over there, you bet. A few got killed, and some brutally.
Yet, you argue that their contributions and death are not equal as to someone in the "military"? I am of a different opinion on the value of "life". All people are equally important and any death is equally weighed.

Quote:
The tone of your argument I found annoying Tayken, the lecturing about adaptability and control.
Curious, is the responding material from the other party sighting you as a "controlling" person at all?

It is unfortunate that you are expressing emotional distaste ("annoyance") for the argument being presented. Hopefully you do not cross examine and represent yourself before the court with a similar style of speech and is limited to "venting" on this message board. I can tell you that should you raise a comment like this about opposing counsel it won't bold well for you in the Superior Court of Justice.

Quote:
The argument presented is not about projecting blame on any employer, it's about realizing there are a certain set of circumstances that exist in the poster's husbands job description that make his ability to deal with.
And there are multiple solutions to the posters problem.

Quote:
No one here is saying the military is above the law. Any law. We are subjected to all civilian laws plus the Code of Service Discipline above and beyond. Again, your posturing here seems really out of place.
How is my posting "out of place". You are presenting an argument that military service should be considered by everyone, in contravention to your above statement, that it should be given some different and "special" weighting in family law. I am debating counter to your argument.

What really is out of place is how a message originally started to assist people on what defines urgency before the Family Court is a debate about the "military" and if it should be given special consideration by anyone in a family law matter.

Quote:
I see that as your opinion and not as a fact, based on my presentation of evidence.
How? What supports your statement of "fact"? I respond on a paragraph by paragraph basis. Demonstrate your "fact" and how it is not based on "my (your) presentation of evidence."

The only evidence presented is your text to this forum and I respond to each paragraph.

Quote:
While there are certainly some distinct trades as you have pointed out, the military lifestyle is known to be problematic for families, hence the degree to which the problem is being addressed by government and other players.
The question posed continually is that how does the challenge facing the military make it unique and that it should be given special consideration by the family court?

Quote:
Yes, it is a volunteer military we serve in. Your words appear obviously condescending, negative and petty I may add. I know you are capable of much more, some of your posts do demonstrate a higher level of expression.
How are they condescending? Provide the examples and I will address every concern you have and provide more insight. It is easy to jump to a conclusion and make a blanket statement like this to attack someone's character like this. Difficult to demonstrate it with cogent and relevant evidence, especially when none exists to do so.

Quote:
I hope you might relate to some of the experiences our veterans, past and present, have gone through if you take a moment tomorrow to ponder on Canada's day to remember.

Lest We Forget.
I have all the deepest sympathies to the families of those who have served in the military and have lost loved ones. In fact, in my career, I make significant legislative and other changes in our medical system to insure that they get the support and help they need.

Good Luck!
Tayken