Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums (https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Issues (https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The rights of school principal (https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22528)

SpiritWithAhatchet 05-18-2019 04:38 AM

The rights of school principal
 
Having this school location battle, my ex went to registered our kid in her school zone. After that the principal (of current school) locked us on school zone so I cannot change it. He did it because she went first to him to do the registration.


I called the school board and they pulled the child out of her school and made it so called "999" where neither of us can register him without a legal paper (including mediation). Since people from mediation services never called back, the principal is playing a judge and doesn't want to release the child to designated school which is still in my area but different school.


Does anyone know how much power a principal has over where to register a child? He is lying that he gets orders from school board but they say otherwise even though they don't like to get involved much. The principal is on my ex's side.

standing on the sidelines 05-18-2019 08:28 AM

you do not give enough information about the background for anyone to offer advice.

who has custody
who has decision making for education
are you in the court process or are you even in the court process
where did the child go to school before

SpiritWithAhatchet 05-18-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines (Post 235657)
you do not give enough information about the background for anyone to offer advice.

who has custody
who has decision making for education
are you in the court process or are you even in the court process
where did the child go to school before


Custody is shared both 50/50. Legal and physical. She filed something and is holding it back for some reason so nothing is in the court processing.



The child went to elementary school closer to my home. Now he wants to go to JH in the same area because of his friends. But his mom is certain he must change location. Maybe because the principal told her not to worry.

tilt 05-19-2019 03:00 AM

The child may be telling you they want to go to your choice of JH, and telling mom they want to go to her choice.

If your current choice of mediator is not responding than book an appointment with another mediator. In my area school boards have a trustee who can help navigate conversations with Principals (Iím not sure if this is true in your jurisdiction as we donít have JH around here). Perhaps the principal of the school you want can help as well, especially if most students in the current school stream to that specific JH. If she has not started something in the courts, then perhaps you should file as the court process is slow, unless your separation agreement says otherwise.

SpiritWithAhatchet 05-20-2019 07:24 PM

The child is telling both of us what we like to hear. The difference is he says it to her out of fear. She did serve me with an affidavit then put it to hold due to mediation that never happened. We haven't been to court.


I cannot afford a lawyer and she gets legal aid. I have to self rep but very difficult with my anxiety, public speech phobia and English.

dad2bandm 05-21-2019 11:13 AM

I can't decipher the situation, as your posts are not clear.


So your child is currently in one school, and your ex and principal, switched her school, now, in May, near the end of the school year?


Or you're meaning the school switch will happen, once the new school year starts (Sep. 2019)?


It would make no sense to switch schools now. I find it hard to believe that any school change has happened yet.


Your child does not need to be registered at a new school yet, until even the first day when the new school year starts, and a principal and the school board would likely state the same.


Has your child actually switched schools then?

Janus 05-21-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritWithAhatchet (Post 235656)
The principal is on my ex's side.

Ice, just wanted to point out that you usually seem to feel like the world is against you. I suspect that, instead, your communication to the principal was very unclear.

I would make requests in writing, and have somebody edit those requests. Principals will usually respond to written messages.

That said, with regards to your questions, principals have lots of power, so don't upset one unnecessarily.

iona6656 05-21-2019 02:12 PM

is this really such a big deal? How far away are the two schools?

what are the academics like? Is one school superior? if so- why not just send the kid there. He's in middle school- his wants, while important- aren't really *that* important.

what I'm really trying to ask is: Is this really a pissing match with the other parent?

SpiritWithAhatchet 05-21-2019 07:47 PM

Dad2 bandm. I am talking about going from elementary to JH in September. It is all about next grade. Registration period was between April 15 and May 15. There was an option to do registration online. However the principal locked me out. My ex went to school and registered the kid in her school zone. My complaint to the school board was successful. Its just we are now stuck.


Janus . Principal told me that all he does is what his supervisor from school board tell him to do. But when I spoke to his supervisor she said that simply isn't true. Also I believe he blackmailed me when he said all the family law judges are his friends and made it clear that he can have an effect on a judges decision.



Regardless, I am not trying to get on his or anybodies bad side but now he wouldn't even register the child to his designated school area which is neither school that parents like. He said he will keep it this way to September and even longer if he has to. If I write to him he will probably ignore it. I had 2 meetings with him already. BTW he wants to see us on the 29th if mediation fails. He wants to question the kid too. Seems like I have to go to court and make fun of myself without a lawyer but I see no other option...or let her win.


Iona . The schools are the same. I will tell you why it is such a big deal. For one, the child wants to go to school A because of his friends. Mom wants school B because it is too far for her to drive every day to and from. She had hard time with it. She had her sisters, brother, bf and friends help her. But IDK why is it too hard when she is on welfare. I prefer either school A or C because they are both closer to me but if I could choose it would be the school of child's choice. I have to be at work at 7:30am and if my ex gets the school she wants, it can jeopardize custody as well.

Selfrepmom 05-21-2019 08:26 PM

What I am deciphering from this:

-You and ex have a status quo of joint custody and 50/50 access. This is good. How long has this schedule been in place/how long have you and ex been separated?

- You do not have any sort of formal separation/custody agreement in writing, whether it is an order through court or amicably signed with lawyers. This is not good.

-You kid is moving from elementary into JH in the fall. This transition means a change of schools no matter what.

-You and your ex live in different school zones. Ex wants kid to transition into her zone, you want kid in your zone.

- It seems the underlying issue is that neither of you want to travel to the other parentís school zone if the child goes there. You claim she is on welfare and therefore has all the free time in the world. She probably claims that you have a job (aka disposable income) to be able to spend money on gas driving kid to school, where she does not

Solution:

I donít know what your access schedule is like but why donít you tell her that if kid goes in your zone you will either:

A) come pick up/drop off child to her on some of her days so she doesnít have to do so much driving

OR

B) Offer her some extra money every month to cover her travel costs to take the kid to and from school

I have a feeling option B may be your winning ticket, cause ya know, money talks. And if you are going to get the privilege of having the kid go to school in your zone, then you are going to have to sweeten the deal with something. If she doesnít agree to either option or some slight variation, give her the opposite offer (her school zone, but she pays/drives)

Then, hurry up and get a detailed custody/access order signed. Like yesterday.

dad2bandm 05-22-2019 03:49 PM

What province and school board is this with? (unless you don't want to say)



In any case, despite what the school or principal(s) or your ex tell you, you can register your kid on the 1st day of school, when September comes. The school registration did not have to be set in stone, today. Sounds like it's not a private school?



It sounds like you need a formal custody/access agreement, because if your ex is just registering your kid unilaterally now, and you're having issues with principals now, you're going to need that piece of paper down the road for other issues.



Principals deal with a lot of crap, in situations like this (separated parents), and without that piece of paper, it makes it more difficult. Your ex beat you to the punch (in a shady way, perhaps), so the principal is probably just settling on that decision for now.



I have a feeling, that your impression of what the principal is doing, and what was said, is not totally accurate.



FYI, I had a similar issue, where a principal (and the other parent), were blocking my change of schools for kid, but in my case, our original agreement basically had a clause that said something like "mother's school decisions" will prevail, and the principal was relying on that, even though, I suspect, he knew my transfer attempt was for kid's best interest. And despite that my kid was living with me primarily then.



I went and got that piece of paper changed (court), and now, kid resides with me primarily still, and kid goes to school on my street. It was not a quick process. But it was needed, and it worked - for me and kid.



Maybe "mediation" deciding this (instead of court), would work for you, but mediation only works for people who can somewhat compromise, and aren't going to have these issues going forward too.



If you go through mediation or court, you could present your case as child was going to school X, and wants to go to school Y now, because their friends and school-mates are mostly going there too. Then you can also point out other reasons it's good for kid, and point out how you can accommodate that, to meet child's best interests.



That's how you should paint that picture. Don't paint the picture though, as, "too far for me to drive", or, "why is it problem for Mom - she doesn't work anyway". School changes can influence custody decisions (for primary caregiver), but a school change should not be done, to help one set that up.



So I think it's a fair point, to mention, if you go the court route, to say that a unilateral school registration done by the other parent without your input or say, should not decide primary caregiver role when done in that manner. (but maybe you were also trying to do the same?)



Did either of you move, or you're both in the same area as the original primary school? None of these schools can't be that far away?

SpiritWithAhatchet 05-24-2019 02:28 AM

SelfRepMom. Yes we do have a legal agreement from 10 years ago when we separated but it doesn't mention the school.


If this matter gets to court, like you say the kid is changing the school anyway so why not her? It would be just who can prove what is in the best interest of the child. I don't know how much weight it carries to continue with your friends. Maybe not much. Or depends of the judge.



I already offered her both. Money and pickups/dropoffs on certain days but she refused. She wants it because she knows I can't drive to her area therefore she gets more custody and eventually full custody.

SpiritWithAhatchet 05-24-2019 02:48 AM

Dad2bandm. I got custody agreement. Shared custody legal and physical. My kid told me today that the principal asked him if I asked the kid which school would he like to go. He said yes, and I wanna to to THAT school. Then the principal said "Child should go to school of his choice". Now, I guess we still have this appointment with the principal on the 29th and will see what he has to say.


If he agrees with my ex then IM screwed in court. She will say the principal also came to conclusion what is in the best interest of the child in this case. He could witness for her. It is just my guessing but regardless of what principal does or says I gotta see a lawyer for 1 hour to get some info and then go to court if I can (she filed first, could be expired). But yes she lived here in this school area where the kid is now going to school.


She moved away. During our marriage she lived in this very area and that was 10 years ago.



No I wouldn't write that it is too fart for me to drive but Besides school friends and maybe status quo I have no clue what else to write.



I can't say she wasn't interested in mediation because I learned she did contact them but they couldn't get back to us. It is just too much stress either way.

SpiritWithAhatchet 06-08-2019 01:00 AM

Wow she refused to come talk with principal but her lawyer advised her to do so. So this Monday we will meet. She said there is no point and that she already registered the child to her school.


What pissed me off is she said to the child "If principal or anyone asks you where do you wanna go you must say mom's area".

Janus 06-08-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritWithAhatchet (Post 236090)
What pissed me off is she said to the child "If principal or anyone asks you where do you wanna go you must say mom's area".

How do you know she said that?

tunnelight 06-08-2019 04:57 PM

the old and new principal can't enroll the child into a different new school without your consent.

you tell mom your choice of school, she will tell you hers. you guys either agree on a school or agree to disagree.

do you have a future dispute resolution mechanism?

the school doesn't have mediation services. you will need a qualified mediator.

the decision is not up the child or the principal. it's up to the parents only.

arbitiration may be good.

we have a clause that child goes to same school mom zone if mom stays at same place. if she moves , child goes to school at my zone.

if you're shared parenting chances are schools aren't that far anyways. just enjoy the drives to and from school. I don't like shitty 2 minute drives.

I would encourage your child to speak with her friends and then decide what school she wants to go, and let both parents know. She will figure out which parent support her feelings and which parent didn't.

If child truly wants your chosen school but is being influenced by mom then it's fair game for you to explain you weren't given a chance and moms already registered you, and as much as you would love to change it, you can't. I know, it sucks for you and for me but let's just make the best out of it... and never bring up or show any disdain to the school choice. your child will sooner or later realize what really went down. won't be a pretty day for mom.

or... If you really want you can start by simply write a letter to the principals with a court order attached and let them know you have not provided consent for the registration and to immediately revoke the registration as it is in violation of the court order. That the parents will advise and both sign once they have come to an agreement for a school under the joint custody arrangement. Ask for an email or letter in writing to confirm revoking the unlawful registration within 48 hours of receipt of the letter. cc both schools superindents. follow up after 3 days if you haven't heard back. You can also escalate to superintendent and possibly other education authorities. You can also be given 15 minutes to present the issue at board meetings to really ask for better practices and compliance of court orders. It usually doesn't get to this point when the principals realize they've screwed up.

SpiritWithAhatchet 06-08-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janus (Post 236093)
How do you know she said that?


Our child told me.

SpiritWithAhatchet 06-08-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tunnelight (Post 236104)
the old and new principal can't enroll the child into a different new school without your consent.


Yes he can. He already did but I called school board and somehow managed to get him unregistered. The current school status is "inactive"


Quote:

Originally Posted by tunnelight (Post 236104)
you tell mom your choice of school, she will tell you hers. you guys either agree on a school or agree to disagree.

do you have a future dispute resolution mechanism?

the school doesn't have mediation services. you will need a qualified mediator.

the decision is not up the child or the principal. it's up to the parents only.

arbitiration may be good.

You see, the principal wouldn't let go the child to any school even though he should have him registered by default to designated school area.





Quote:

Originally Posted by tunnelight (Post 236104)

I would encourage your child to speak with her friends and then decide what school she wants to go, and let both parents know. She will figure out which parent support her feelings and which parent didn't.

The child wants to go to the same school his friends are going. Mom says friends don't mean a thing. He better go to school where his older cousin goes. I disagree.


Quote:

Originally Posted by tunnelight (Post 236104)
If child truly wants your chosen school but is being influenced by mom then it's fair game for you to explain you weren't given a chance and moms already registered you, and as much as you would love to change it, you can't. I know, it sucks for you and for me but let's just make the best out of it... and never bring up or show any disdain to the school choice. your child will sooner or later realize what really went down. won't be a pretty day for mom.


That day is far away if ever. He fears his mom too much. I will start a court procedure most likely.







Quote:

Originally Posted by tunnelight (Post 236104)
or... If you really want you can start by simply write a letter to the principals with a court order attached and let them know you have not provided consent for the registration and to immediately revoke the registration as it is in violation of the court order. That the parents will advise and both sign once they have come to an agreement for a school under the joint custody arrangement. Ask for an email or letter in writing to confirm revoking the unlawful registration within 48 hours of receipt of the letter. cc both schools superindents. follow up after 3 days if you haven't heard back. You can also escalate to superintendent and possibly other education authorities. You can also be given 15 minutes to present the issue at board meetings to really ask for better practices and compliance of court orders. It usually doesn't get to this point when the principals realize they've screwed up.


Theres no school mentioned in our divorce agreement because the child was 2 year old when we divorced. But thanks for the idea to try and talk at board meeting. I also plan to go to school board office because the principal has lied to me that his supervisor told him to mess around with this thing which they denied.



It is for sure that ex won't agree to the school where the child wants to go especially not to the school across the street from me. It sux that I have to self rep but I see no other option. And I better hurry cuz in July or August she says she wants to go to Europe visit with the child.

standing on the sidelines 06-08-2019 07:06 PM

wasnt there something a while back under one of your old accounts where you and the ex were in an office of some type and she said that for school she was registering him at the one near her and you shook you head yes? Then you were freaking out because you didnt want to break your word to her? Or was that a different poster?

tunnelight 06-08-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritWithAhatchet (Post 236106)
You see, the principal wouldn't let go the child to any school even though he should have him registered by default to designated school area.

Do you have any documentation to show the default school option is the school you want child to go to ?

you mentioned school mom wants child to go to is 40 minutes from you. how far is the school you want child to go to from mom? what were the distances of the old school ? either way, the court won't care about a parents convenience. focus is on best interest of child, but I want to know to see if it can help your case in any way.

does your school of choice have better resources in relation to your childs needs? does your child have any special needs?

Just trying to see how a possible affidavit might look like. I think your best argument is that thats where the child grew up and .most of her friends are in your catchment area.

did mom have any discussion with you prior to enrolling child into school in her catchment area ?

SpiritWithAhatchet 06-08-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tunnelight (Post 236109)
Do you have any documentation to show the default school option is the school you want child to go to ?

you mentioned school mom wants child to go to is 40 minutes from you. how far is the school you want child to go to from mom? what were the distances of the old school ? either way, the court won't care about a parents convenience. focus is on best interest of child, but I want to know to see if it can help your case in any way.

does your school of choice have better resources in relation to your childs needs? does your child have any special needs?

Just trying to see how a possible affidavit might look like. I think your best argument is that thats where the child grew up and .most of her friends are in your catchment area.

did mom have any discussion with you prior to enrolling child into school in her catchment area ?


No document exists regarding school.
It is the same distance for my ex to drive as if I drove to her area, no much difference there.
The old school is right next to the school the child wants to go. 12 minutes from me and 30ish from her
There is no disability and there is no difference in what schools have to offer.
My ex had a fight with me instead of a discussion where she went to school and registered the child in her area. Then she picked up the classes too.The principal immediately locked me out so I cannot change it and said "she came first". After I complained to the school board they put a hold on her registration and locked her out as well. The third school in option is one next to my house which is the designated area but the principal won't release the child and is keeping him inactive for now.


If he goes to school next to my house then he can take the bus when with me but he wants the school that's next to his current one because of his friends. Even some teachers switched there.


This brings me to where my ex said from junior high the kid will go to her catchment area. I agreed. It wasn't in front of anyone Standing on the sidelines. . But things have changed. I spoke with that school principal and he said it is best for the child to go with his friends. I think so too. If ex can prove otherwise then so be it. But the main reason she wants him up there close to her is she doesn't wanna drive to this side anymore. But it is not my fault. The child was born and mostly raised here. I will agree only if the Judge makes an order in her favour. On Tuesday or Wednesday Im heading downtown to see how to start an affidavit on my own.

SpiritWithAhatchet 06-08-2019 10:35 PM

BTW I will offer in my affidavit to help her drive him and to p ay for gas.

tunnelight 06-08-2019 11:24 PM

don't be an idiot and offer to drive for her and pay her gas.

who initiated the discussion about school change? her or you? how did it to? what was said?

1. I am the applicant in this action and as such have knowledge of the matters hereinafter deposed.

2. The reposndent and I are the biological parents of one child, namely, born ...

3. The applicant and I were awarded with joint custody and equal periods of care with pursuant to the order of dated x. attached to this my affidavit is a copy of said order.

4. Our child has been attended at since x year and has been in this same school catchment since y year. this catchment area is within driving distance of both our homes.

5. Our daughter is starting high school in September and has advised me she wishes to attend in the same school her friends are attending do.

6. I have attempted to discuss the choice of school with the respondent but the respondent has attempted to unilaterally enroll our child into a school within her catchment area. She has not provided any reason for this other than it being in her school catchment where the childs older cousins will be attending to. Attached to this my affidavit is said correspondence.

7 While I appreciate the applicants wanting our child to attend at the same school as her cousins, the reality is they are a different age group and have their own peers, and will be graduating sooner.

7. Our daughter does not have any disability or special needs and both schools can accommodate her.

8. Our child is in limbo mode given the disagreement. have attempted to, by the advise of the school principal, setup a 3 way meeting to come to an agreement but the respondent has refused to attend such meeting remaining fixated on the child attending school in her catchment area.

9.I am compelled to bring forward a motion so that a decision can be made given our disagreement and the urgency of this matter.

10. I swear this affidavit in support of the relief requested in my Notice of Motion and for no other or improper purpose.

SpiritWithAhatchet 06-09-2019 01:21 AM

It was simple. We were face timing each other (the child and I) and I was on good terms with my ex so she said "I went to "his" future school and the child said "mom" I don't wanna go to this school. She shouted him and left the room and started cursing me. And no need to write down what she has said. The next day registered him. HOWEVER, A month later she contacted me again like nothing happened NOT KNOWING that the child is not registered in her school anymore.


I cannot write point 8 because she apologized to principal and set another date for mediation but told me she only does it because she was advised so. There will be no agreement.



I wouldn't be surprised if she responds with custody change but so will I. She has only 2 cards to play as she wrote in her previous affidavit. 1, cousin and 2, she claims that I missed the child missed 40 days of school from my place where the fact is he missed mostly from her home.

arabian 06-09-2019 06:18 AM

Why did child miss 40 days of school? What does child's academic record reflect?

Best interests of child is what court will look at. Convenience of parents doesn't matter whatsoever. Parents bickering is just that.

tunnelight 06-09-2019 01:12 PM

I would try to do the school meeting and maybe even actual meditation. but if she's already said it's not going to change her mind and she's just doing it to waste your time then put that in your affidavit and go to court. but chances are you don't have this in writing

Have you looked into at arbitiration?

if she turns around claiming material change for a complete custody change over in court, then well, maybe that's why she's started stirring the pot...

stop facetiming her. communicate in writing. do you and your ex enjoy seeing each others faces on your ipads?

SpiritWithAhatchet 06-09-2019 07:25 PM

lol tunnelight I never watched with my ex on face-time but I did with the a few times. I did it that night when the fight occurred between x and I.



I will mention arbitration tomorrow.


Full custody has been her dream. She even asked me to drop my share of cctb so she can receive a full amount.

tunnelight 06-09-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritWithAhatchet (Post 236123)
lol tunnelight I never watched with my ex on face-time but I did with the a few times. I did it that night when the fight occurred between x and I.



I will mention arbitration tomorrow.


Full custody has been her dream. She even asked me to drop my share of cctb so she can receive a full amount.

lol. check your private message

SpiritWithAhatchet 06-10-2019 10:44 PM

The principal couldn't see us. Said to my child he never knew of the meeting appointment. I went there to make another one but he was too busy on the phone. I left him a message to call me and he never did. Maybe tomorrow. Well Im heading to the court as soon as I can to file a motion. Ex could care less about meditation with the principal because she believes the child is registered to her school and will go there.

tunnelight 06-14-2019 11:35 AM

what principal you guys meeting with? your school of choice, moms school of choice, or current school?

what do you mean couldn't see you guys? you and your ex went and he said no? did you send an email to ask you're still not understanding why the meeting couldn't take place and would like to know if it can be rescheduled ?

you really need to be on your A game here making sure everything is in writing. otherwise your ex could just start making up BS to win the motion

lastly, have you contacted the new principal of the school you want the child to go to and explain the situation to see what they would suggest? maybe you can grab a registration form you can email to your ex to sign? if she refuses, then you go to court. But , we need to figure out what principal you are meeting with first and what the outcome will be.

SpiritWithAhatchet 06-14-2019 08:08 PM

Current School principal. I met the new school principal as well as the one from our designated area but they couldn't do anything. On the other hand ex's school principal registered the child because there was no obstruction at that time.


SO he called me the next day, apologized and said he never knew about the existing appointment and was too busy to talk to us. He suggested that we see him next week. So I will update after we see the principal.

standing on the sidelines 06-15-2019 11:16 AM

I have a question for you. Meeting with the principals is nice and all that, but what can they actually legally do? If I was them or the school board I would be telling you to go to court and get an order that spells out specifically where the kid is to go to school and to not involve them.

The child keeps telling both parents what they want to hear. You say its because they fear the mother but they may fear you also. Have you sat down with the child and told them that no matter where they want to go to school you will support them be it your school choice or the moms? They may fear that they will upset you if they say they want to go to moms choice of school.

SpiritWithAhatchet 06-16-2019 08:02 PM

The principal has to let go of the child's "inactive" next year school location but he cannot decide where the best interest of the child is and prefers an agreement instead of courts.


You may be right that the child wouldn't mind going to any school but there is no pressure from my side. I doubt that he fears me but who knows though. More than once I asked him why not school right here across the street or mom's but he says because of his friends. So I won't agree with ex because I think it is best for him to go with his friends. If it is better for him to leave his friends forever and go with his cousin then the judge will decide.


Sure it is better for me not to drive him so far twice a day and it is not easy for ex to do it either but I doubt the judge cares how we feel. When we meet the principal and if he says to him he wants to go to moms school then I will agree but I am 99% sure he doesn't want to change the school zone.

standing on the sidelines 06-17-2019 04:33 AM

Is he doing good in school grade wise?

SpiritWithAhatchet 06-18-2019 08:21 PM

Yes despite many many missed school days.

SpiritWithAhatchet 06-20-2019 12:42 AM

So we had a meeting today. Now I am sure more than ever that the principal is on her side.


Let me put these schools like this. The school my child wants is school A, the one mom wants is school B and the one close to my home school C.


The principal said he never would recommend the school A. He said there are lots of bad kids in that school and it is not good for my child to go there. He said those kids already had some issues with my child as well as with many others where police had been involved. Well I believe every school has bad kids.


He said if he would suggest he would recommend school C, the one by my house. Since ex wouldn't agree to anything but her school (school B) and if I go to court and say that I want the child to school C (in my area) then ex has better case because then it is better to go with cousin than a school he knows no one.


I said I will go to the school child wants and talk to principal about those "dangerous" kids and ask for a letter if my child would be safe there just like any other kid.


Ex bursted into tears twice. IDK why. Wants more sympathy from the principal I guess. She found out that the child is NOT registered at her school anymore. When I asked why she wants him there she said because she is a mother and too much drive. I said judge doesn't care about her or me. Principal sided with me there.


So This is what I suggested. I said "if the child continues in this area, I can give you 100$ per month and drive the kid from and to your home 2 times during your week. Or, if he goes in your school, you pay me $100 a month for gas and drive him 2 times a week from and to my home. Principal was very happy with this suggestion.


She didn't answer. The principal asked her what does she have to offer and of course nothing. He took our emails and said we will continue this.


tunnelight I know you suggested not to make such things but she is very likely to refuse this and like someone said in my inbox any deal is better than go to court and risk more. However everything is still in the air.



My kid asked me if I feel sad for his mom if he doesn't go to her school. I changed the subject. She is pushing a lot of pressure on him. Crying in front of him etc.


Anyone has any idea how do I approach the "A" school principal regarding those bad kids that this principal said are the reason he don't support it?.

arabian 06-20-2019 01:18 AM

I like that you met with the principal with your ex (and it was free!!!!)

I'd meet with the principal and, in a friendly manner, ask him specifically what his problem is with the school. He may simply have a grudge with someone who works there or the other school scored higher academically than his school. This is a big deal for schools... bragging rights, etc. You can probably get those statistics prior to meeting with him next time. I believe information on academic ratings is public information.

Keep plugging along. Perhaps your ex will come around when she has time to process the information/offers.

standing on the sidelines 06-20-2019 02:37 AM

Okay so there are three schools. What I would do is narrow it down to 2. The kid can make new friends no matter where they go so don't let that be a deciding factor. Then offer the same deal to the ex as you have but then just flip a coin or something if the two schools are the same in regards to courses. Not the most scientific way but it gives each of you the same chance to get your choice if school and you can move forward.

sahibjee 09-10-2019 02:03 AM

I have not read the whole thread but i'd look at the school ratings and reviews for both schools on OAC, Fraiser and google reviews and then pick the better one for my child. locaiton comes second, education comes first.



*yes i know those ratings are incomplete but they are better than nothing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 PM.