Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums (
-   Financial Issues (
-   -   section 7 (

newtothis2011 04-26-2019 10:12 AM

section 7
can you tell me how that works with FRO , seems like you need a court order for this and doesn't it come into effect on incomes and tax credits , child is getting paid a disability as well

rockscan 04-26-2019 10:28 AM

If your agreement doesn’t set out an amount then FRO may not enforce. If you are the payor, your ex could file a statement of arrears asking to collect the amount but you could dispute it. Same in reverse, could be submitted but then disputed.

If neither party agrees to the amount, a court order would be required. If it is a reasonable expense then the person disputing it could be on the hook for costs.

The only time the child’s disability amounts would come into play is if it impacts a subsidy etc. For instance if they get a subsidy for medical care as a result of their disability income but the recipient parent doesn’t apply for it.

newtothis2011 04-26-2019 11:50 AM

They arent a child , adult over 20yrs ,so disability
cheque goes to them ,child is highly functional

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 PM.