Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums (
-   Divorce & Family Law (
-   -   no material filed- what do I do? (

gumby 07-25-2011 10:43 AM

no material filed- what do I do?
Ex served me for a settlement conference notice - 1 week before the date, he has not served me with any documents (financials, brief, etc.) . Do I just show up? Should I serve him with my documents or just bring them to court with me?
Thanks - I'm just not sure what to do

wretchedotis 07-25-2011 04:09 PM

Both you and the other party need to prepare a Form 17c Settlement Conference brief. This must be served on the other party, and filed at court. There are specific deadlines to follow in order to do this.

A Guide to Procedures in Family Court - Ministry of the Attorney General

The above link might help you.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 AM.