Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Members List

littleman is on a distinguished road

littleman littleman is offline

Senior Member

About Me

  • About littleman
    creating the best life I can for my child


Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: 04-26-2016 11:55 AM
  • Join Date: 11-14-2005
  • Referrals: 0

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. littleman
    08-10-2011 04:20 PM
    when you had children together yolu became instant common law the day your first child was born and doesnt matter if you were legally divorced or not........that is the statute in Ontario........
    When see awoman who DOESNT have custody of her childrent that makes me wonder........just what type of woman is carry these children for 9 months, they are part of you and then you give them up.......I dont get it......I wouldnt be able to live with my self if I lost custody........btw with 1500$ /mnth alimony she can afford to pay you child support........thats 18000$ non taxable income......guess she will need to get a job to come up with the balance for month to month living expenses.......when she does get her for matter if you are awarded 50$ per month to me it is the acknowledgement that she has a financial respnsibility to the children..........takes two to have childrena nd a whole community to raise them

    check your isurance policies and change your beneficiaries.........rewrite your will, get your stuff together and make sure that you have other copies somewhere else.........cancel credit cards that she had access to, have card companies change your number completely.......COVER YOUR SELF, I got screwed financially with credit from yourself before you gt surprised like I did
  2. lorlaman
    08-09-2011 07:20 PM
    Thanks littleman!
    I really appreciate your response. I just checked in today to see if there was a way of getting in touch with you.
    I have already been to a case conference and she was awarded 1,500/mo in spousal. Since we were together for more than 20 years, I will have to pay her indefinitely. She pays no child support and does not see the kids (12 and 15).

    I am really eager to find any support to the divorce issue I asked about. This would reduce the relationship to 15 years and give me a break in the long run. Any help? I can find nothing regarding that in the FLA.

    My pension fund advises she has no entitlement to my pension.

    How does everything become marital property? We were never married but common law for almost 25 years?
  3. littleman
    08-09-2011 11:19 AM
    once you started living together and had children together in 1996 you became common law by default and everything is now marital property........unfortunately you can also be held for alimony in this scenario you described
    however with any luck she wont be smart enought to catch on to that one. you cannot be considered common law until one of three things are are divorced, you have lived together consecutively for three years or there is a child born of the your case you go by the date your first joint child was born no sooner.........
    she may not have any claim to your pension but then again she could have if she wants to be vendictive .......that greed part all comes down to the type of person she is will soon see exactly what she is made of.........if its all about her she wants money and property only......if its all about the kids then she will not fight you on visitation and g by table amounts for child support only and drop any alimony claim for sure.........true colours come out in these situations for sure
  4. lorlaman
    06-21-2011 12:31 AM
    Hi Littleman, can you please advise me here?
    My ex and I started living together in 1988. Shortly after, she received her divorce judgment. In 1996 and 1998, our daughters were born. In 1999, I received my divorce judgment. Now, in 2011, she is claiming we were in a common law relationship since 1988 (never married). Based on your "straight from the lawyer" comment, can we be legally represented as common law since 1999 or 12 years? She is making a claim for constructive trust and wants my pension. She has worked very little throughout the relationship and has no RRSP savings or a pension of her own.
  5. littleman
    09-08-2010 12:27 PM
    yes I went to family court for custody of my son and won against his lawyer
  6. Valiant
    04-12-2010 08:15 AM
    In your case did anything actually go to court?

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 AM.