Unbelievable S7 ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable S7 ruling

I have decided to go on a bit of a rant lately as I have posted a couple of threads on Financial as well...
    I currently pay CS at 1610.00 and SS at 703.00

Arbitrated ruling (BIG MISTAKE - GO TO COURT)
    Kids (S12, D9) play house hockey, house soccer (S) and for (D) jiu-jitsu and Kumon (although is not having issues with any subject matter in school).
    Argument at Arbitration is that while each activity is not necessarily special or extraordinary - the totality of the registrations IS...also included in the that is the necessities associated with each sport - cleats, shin guards, equipment, gi, etc....

Arbitrator decided $430.00 in S7/mth....

For a grand total of $2700.00/mth

I make low 6 figures - she makes 38K working 10-12 hrs a week teaching (even though she has an MBA - she has indicated that can't work more than that)

The Award is currently to be appealed - more legal costs.

As you look at your own payments - realize there may always be someone worse off than you...LOL

In my case, I agreed to mediation/arbitration (mediator would arbitrate if we couldn't resolve things in mediation)...15 minutes of going over factual evidence supporting my claim that my ex could work more than 20hrs a week at a minimum wage job, qualified for fed govt staffing pools,etc it became abundantly clear that the mediator wasn't interested in my ex's ability to support herself and the kids to her fullest capability - it was all about what she had brought in during the marriage. She told me and my lawyer that if we wanted to push for "fairness" we would have to go to court!

So I got cleaned out....

Family law is a joke.

Comment

I hear ya.... Once the kids were 6 and in school full time... she basically sits around for 7 hours, "shopping" and going for coffee with the other "hard working mothers". .... oh... she did have to keep to a bit of a schedule ... she had to be there to let the maid in on a regular basis...

joke doesn't begin to describe it...

Comment

The mediator we used who would then wear the Arbitrtor hat - in Ottawa - no longer does Arbitrations - yep - think we broke her - it was less about what my ex could do...and more about what I could pay.
        Will hopefully have some reasonableness come out of the Appeal - but I will not go in thinking common sense will rule the day

Comment

I could believe the experience that are having.

I went through mediation last week where the mediator thought he was an arbitrator.

Comment

Originally posted by thefunone View Post
            I have decided to go on a bit of a rant lately as I have posted a couple of threads on Financial as well...
            You and me both bro....

Originally posted by thefunone View Post

For a grand total of $2700.00/mth

I make low 6 figures - she makes 38K working 10-12 hrs a week teaching (even though she has an MBA - she has indicated that can't work more than that)

As you look at your own payments - realize there may always be someone worse off than you...LOL
            I'm in exactly the same income bracket as you. Her income is -2K. Self employed and losses always exceed income.

I'm paying more than you in support... and that is without S7.

As you look at your own payments - realize there may always be someone worse off than you... (I'll omit the LOL)

Comment

Brutal, I mean outside looking in and I was in the shoes of the arbitrator, this makes complete sense if my objectives are:
              1. Path of least resistance (dad has the means, make him pay, or mom has no means, make mom work harder (that is so subjective, what if she gets injured, what if she gets doctors note etc, etc....that requires more work and follow up)

2. I deal with this EVERY friggin day...so closing each one as fast as possible and move it through the system is probably my #1 priority.

So that is common sense if you were doing the job.....which sucks for dad.
              Last edited by FirstTimer; 07-29-2015, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X