This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oink View Post
    So based on my post yesterday where stbx, based on a letter she received from my lawyer about our current situations and suggestion for her to get legal advice, and her taking S.7 proportional to income figures to mean the same can be applied to household bills, which means starting immediately she is just to pay 31%
    I think you should counterpropose that you share household bills proportional to bedroom square footage. Since she has the master, her share should be much higher than yours in a small room, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
      I think you should counterpropose that you share household bills proportional to bedroom square footage. Since she has the master, her share should be much higher than yours in a small room, right?
      Seriously? Or is this sarcasm?

So based on my post yesterday where stbx, based on a letter she received from my lawyer about our current situations and suggestion for her to get legal advice, and her taking S.7 proportional to income figures to mean the same can be applied to household bills, which means starting immediately she is just to pay 31%

I understand motions can't be brought until case conference has been attended? So based on all of this, the tension and trying to get kid settled before school starts again in September, I plan to bring the following motions forward:

1. Interim order for joint custody

2. Interim order for shared parenting access schedule 2-2-3, or an alternative shared parenting arrangement as deemed just and in the best interest of the children

3. Order for child support ... set-off her to pay table to me I'm to pay table to her. standard s7. to apply

4. Order for Sale of matrimonial home.Equity to go towards paying joint debts or held in trust until further order or agreement and other real estate stuff.

Please help with how you think these should be worded correctly in child's best interest, how to put these forward to make sure they get ordered whilst waiting for trial
      Only you know why these circumstances would be beneficial to the child(s) should they be so ordered.

No one here can tell you how to frame it. That requires the inside knowledge that only you have. Sure - people here can tell you things to say, but the truth of the situation is deeper than that.

As much as you may be under qualified being self rep (if you are), this sentiment is exactly why self-rep can be devastating in court. You know the details - and if you can present them formidably - you stand an excellent chance.

The Lawyer i just 'doing their job', in comparison.

Comment

Oh, I agree.

There's no need to stay. Things have changed. Life is about change. Even for infants. As much as 'stability' is a big concept for tbiotc - it is unrealistic. Change happens.

But don't resort to percentage points over square footage.
        That's her grave to dig.

All your points are more than reasonable (for the motion idea in original post this thread). But now you have to explain why they are. Factually, and without emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
          Oh, I agree.

There's no need to stay. Things have changed. Life is about change. Even for infants. As much as 'stability' is a big concept for tbiotc - it is unrealistic. Change happens...

...But now you have to explain why they are. Factually, and without emotion.
          Read between the lines? That's the direction I would be leaning.

Comment

I am not getting dragged into the percentage debate, I have pointed her to the internet to look up section 7 activities, to see what is included in it
            Perhaps you should be referring her to this site.
            Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Hey,

what did you mean by this word in bold...?

As much as 'stability' is a big concept for tbiotc
              the best interest of the child, I think

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                the best interest of the child, I think
                correct.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X