Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes a good lawyer has an eloquent pen and can put things down on paper in such a pleasant business-like manner. Emotionless. Factual.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
      Then he told her that based on our incomes, I'll pay 69% and she will pay 31% for S.7.

STBX took this to mean the mortgage, car loan, line of credit, daycare, cable, phone, gas, hydro, property tax should be split at these percentages. I am sure if the lawyer had mention 45-55% split, she won't chosen to go along with that

She has been driving the 2nd car around from day one, but wants me to be paying 69% of the monthly payments, that still has about 7k left on the loan. I have chosen to personally pay the monthly utilities, but not the mortgage, property tax or the car loan
      If STBX took that to mean all those bills, wouldn't you be better off right now if you did so? I say that because you then state that you are not longer paying the mortgage, taxes or car loan.

Car loan I can understand if it is in her name. If not, you pay and you take away the keys.

But mortgage and taxes? Oink, that is going to come and bite you in the ass. Not only do you need to work your ass off to get custody, but you also have to save your ass from creditors, no?

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
        yes a good lawyer has an eloquent pen and can put things down on paper in such a pleasant business-like manner. Emotionless. Factual.
        Yes, that is how my lawyer writes. And also a vaguely sarcastic phrase when required.

Comment

Arabia....was that tongue in cheek?

I just find it funny how stbx took the proportionate to income percentage split, to mean it applies to every single outstanding monthly bill including the mortgage.

People please tell me, am I being unreasonable? Again, if she gets a lawyer she might get to see things the way everybody else is seeing it, as oppose to how she wants it to be

If she refuses to pay 50% of the mortgage as usual and the car loan, is there anything that can be done to keep her paying? I know I can ignore it too for the bank to take the house, or I can wait till we get to case conference and bring a motion for immediate sale, but not before we sort out the custody issue first
          Have you both agreed to the date of separation? And where exactly are you in the process?

Sale of the home and interim custody can be brought in a motion at the same time and both must be decided upon unless both parties agree to hear the issues separately.

But in the meantime, save your credit and make sure you are paying your bills! A judge might draw a negative inference in your failure to do so (smae goes for the ex if she opts to not contribute to joint expenses).

But what I read right now is "pfft, she won't pay so I ain't gonna either". Not a wise plan.

Comment

And no, you are not being unreasonable to expect her to ante up. But sometime you can't fix stupid; doesn't mean you have to be like her.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
              Emotionless. Factual.
              That's what everyone needs in the moment. Both your stbx and you, Oink.

Comment

You lost me....please explain exactly what you are trying to say here. The car is in both our names (am primary on it), but she has driven it from day 1 and we've split the monthly payment for the car to date, and have split the monthly mortgage payment also

She decided to ignore the custody access suggestion by the lawyer, and just wrote me about how according to my lawyer, she is not entitled to CS yet till the house sells
                Your last sentence in your first post says that you won't pay the mortgage, taxes of the car loan; that would indicate to me that you haven't been paying them

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X