Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's right up there with the recent RBC solicitation-attempt. This forum has it's ups and downs, but for most ppl it's a great source of free advice and support for so many issues. What these types don't realize though, is that it's a pretty tough crowd on here and we didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
      Did Mess not post something about this sort of stuff?
      Soliciting
      Do not attempt to solicit other members; posting to sell or endorse a product or web site will not be permitted.

Here you go.

Comment

May-May sorry to hear about your recent issue. I'm a hard-ass when it comes to things like this. I think sometimes parents get a little carried away with worrying about their kids feelings and in the meantime the little shit gets away with inappropriate behavior.

I'd tell the kid point blank that what he did was wrong and you won't stand for your privacy being invaded by anyone, him included. You explain that you have done your best to keep him out of the nasty matters between you and your ex.

I'd take his new phone and record or text a message to your ex from it, reiterating the same information.

I'd tell your kid that he's on probation regarding use of phones in your home. Tell him you are going to "think about" what the appropriate discipline will be and that you will get back to him later after you have thought long and hard about it. Make him sweat a bit. Follow-up and take away phone use after 6:00 PM or whatever you feel is appropriate.

I very well may be your ex is behind it but your son is an active participant. I'm sure you raised him to know right from wrong. He screwed up and should be held accountable. This will send a big message to your ex that you are on to his game and you will not condone it.

Just my 2 bits worth. Good luck.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X