This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Upping?

maybe this is weird or normal but now that i won a travel right and we came back sunday from a trip the ex is going across the boarder this weekend.

I put the kid in Tae Kwon Do some time ago a week later she does until I eventually took the kid out. Toys are the same thing. Things like this I usually block out but this is weird or what?

Any comments?

Your entire post is weird.. What point exactly, are you trying to make?

Comment

the point is what ever i do with my kid the other parent copies me. it's like if i do something immediately the next weekend they do the exact same. then sometimes she comes back and compares who's better at 6.

Comment

i dont think she is the one who is one upping. You do something extra for the kid and she wants to make sure she does the same so you are not one upping her. I have a feeling that this is a recent separation so in time it will settle down.

Comment

I would take it as a compliment. You are obviously having a positive impact, and she is doing the same. You have new ideas, and she thinks they are great and is doing the same.

Comment

Thanks May May! A compliment that's a good way of putting it. Now I can continue to chuckle to myself!

Comment

Or perhaps she's trying to ensure there is consistency between the two homes. Or perhaps the kid is asking to do the same activities at Mom's and Dad's.

Who knows, and really....if this is your biggest issue, be thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                Or perhaps she's trying to ensure there is consistency between the two homes. Or perhaps the kid is asking to do the same activities at Mom's and Dad's.

Who knows, and really....if this is your biggest issue, be thankful.
                I agree with the statement in RED.

Good Luck!
                Tayken

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                  I agree with the statement in RED.

Good Luck!
                  Tayken
                  +1

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

i gotta laugh at this one.... my bf ex wife actually has gone to extent of buying a new vehicle 2 weeks after we did... We certainly weren't upping her at all.. infact we were driving a beat up old van that was pretty much rusting out and giving us problem after problem...
                    also if we speak to the kids about a summer holiday thing (or anything for that matter) we are planning - it never takes her long to get the kids excited about an idea she "was thinking about"... we have come to the conclusion that she may be a Narcissist.. AAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
                    At least the kids are getting to enjoy many new things and experiences!

Comment

I can't resist...

I planned a trip to Cuba a few years ago with my kids. First time going to a real resort etc. Very excited. Cleared it with my ex.

She then booked a trip for her and the kids to a Mexican resort 2 weeks prior to my trip.

She stole my thunder, but I got over it pretty quick - kids thought it was all pretty exciting. Silly ex's.

Comment

hahahaha... I found an article about Nascissitic behaviour... for the longest time my bf and I were wondering why his ex did some of the things and acted the way she does.. whe I read the article I was releived to know that there was a "name" for her behaviour - the worst past is Narscissist are the worst to deal with!

I can't resist either.... a few months ago I was dealing with an injury.. my bf's kids felt for me, and wrote me get well cards while they were with us for the weekend. The next week - my bf's ex came to the hockey arena wearing a brace (the same one I had). Coincidence -perhaps...ya right!!!

i actually feel sorry for these people....

Comment

I also wouldn't consider it one upping... there are things my bf's ex does that we then do with the children and vice versa... for example swimming... they are in swimming lessons in the fall in summer, we put them in swimming lessons during March break to ensure they are prepared for the summer. Usually we end up repeating the lessons they took in fall, because then when summer comes they are ready for the new level.

We took the children camping 2 summers ago....they have never been before, after we returned a week later the ex took them camping... the way I see it, whether she feels its a competition or not...who cares... the kids are enjoying themselves and if they get extra classes or toys out of it all the better!

Comment

maybe i'm gonna 1 up my ex and chill out for a while.

Comment

Sorry, this is too tempting...

My husband and I had a baby shortly after we met which brought his total number of kids to 5...3 boys and 2 girls. We had to buy a van obviously!

His ex-wife got re-married and spent two years trying to get pregnant with her new husband, and they were recently successful. Turns out she's having twin boys. So now she will have 3 boys and 2 girls. And she just bought a van.

Imitation is the biggest form of flattery they say and while most if the time we think it's funny, it does get on our nerves at times.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X