X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New in here

Hi everyone,

I just discover this web site today when I am looking for some legal information about separation. I am not sure do you handle/know any law for gay couple separation under the common law.

We together 5.5 years and bought the house 2.5 years ago and live together since then. We share the most of the expenses for the house. He did pay more since he makes more money then me. Now he left me with my friend and he wants to sell the house now. So I am researching any legal information to protect me. I am not sure he can’t kick me out of the house since he pays more in the mortgage.

Just hope to get more information on this situation.

Regards,

Torontian

Hi Torontian,

Welcome! If you are both on title, the house is just as much yours at it is his. If you are not on title and he is the sole homeowner, it is possible for you to come home one day and be locked out.

Please visit the following website for more common law info:

http://www.common-law-separation-canada.com/

Lindsay

Comment

Hi there and welcome

Nice to see new people here, you've come to the right place for advice.

Comment

W E L C O M E !!!!

I hope to bump into you often on this forum, I am totally addiicted to it because it has soo much good info. along with very honest and pleasing personal suggestions.

Hope you'll enjoy this fourm much as I am!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X