X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quit!!!!!!!

Comment

I was a fitter welder in my day. Work was well work and contracts must be met in terms of delivery. I have worked for places that gave free will to the group - do the hours get the job done and we were paid 1-1/2, double and at times triple so i never worked for free. Once or twice I went 30 hours straight - each time i was paid for the next few days to sleep! Then rested i took on my regular shifts

Then i worked for a place that made it a clear condition of employment - manditory overtime as required to make delivery deadlines - go three or four or five months working 12 hours 7 days a week was exhausting. Days off were based on how exhausted we were and productivity was falling - so we got a day off or a few days back to 8 hours. That was hard but they also paid us to sweep the floor when there was no work - they wanted to retain a trained employee as work was going to return. This is the company that I had my work injury that has affected me every day since - it had nothing to with the hours as we were in a slow period - it just was the wrong place, the wrong movement and bang!

Through that I was a good husband and a good dad too. I filled every hour in my days with purpose to get the most out of my family time i could when i could. I also made ggreat money at a time when we needed it - a brand new family, mortgage, car payments......... life!

Comment

I am military try 6 mos tour with NO time off in 6 mos.... other then when you are sleeping.Everyday 6-ish am you were not needed any longer...but hey I love my career..seriously

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X