This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humorous ways we 'deal' with our exes

Divorce sucks. Ex husbands and ex wives suck. Court, lawyers, and legal issues all suck. But there's still some fun to be had, no?

I like to find or make funny ringtones for when my ex calls or texts. Like these for example:

Myxer - HollerBack Rings - Ex Husband - Ringtone

Myxer - HollerBack Rings - Psycho Ex is Calling - Ringtone

Or I like to make my own

What do y'all do to get some amusement out of this divorce thing?

Free Ringtone Maker - Make Your Own Ringtones Online

I just about fell out of my chair! hilarious! I deal with my ex by singing her name in place of anothers in a song. check out the cover of "natalie" by walk off the earth. Alot of us can relate, im sure.

Natalie - Walk off the Earth Ft. KRNFX (Bruno Mars) - YouTube

Comment

Thanks, it's nice to start the day off with a good laugh!
      Here's my contribution :
      Chris Rock - Alimony - YouTube

**Warning some bad language lol!

Comment

I always wanted to change the ringtone for my to "I'm an asshole" but the kidlets would hear it so I couldn't.....

Comment

Originally posted by CSAngel View Post
          I always wanted to change the ringtone for my to "I'm an asshole" but the kidlets would hear it so I couldn't.....
          You could always set it to the sound of silence. Either the real song or put the phone on silent.

Comment

Ring-tones would be a waste for me, as I usually have my phone on vibrate or silent, and I try to never answer calls from the ex anyway. Screen them, with voice-mail.

I wouldn't want to advertise I have a crazy ex either, with my ringtones, to people within earshot (more so, than has already been advertised).

--

From the movie Ted
            "John: Can you call my cellphone? Lori: Yeah
            [Lori calls John's phone which plays the ominous Star Wars, "Imperial March" theme]
            Lori: Is that my ringtone? What is that? Cause it sounds really negative.
            John: No. I-it's from The Notebook"

lol

Comment

My bf has the ringtone for his ex set to the opening bars of Pink Floyd's "Money". Nobody under 40 gets it.

Comment

I get it! (under 40 here) Pink Floyd rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                  My bf has the ringtone for his ex set to the opening bars of Pink Floyd's "Money". Nobody under 40 gets it.
                  My son would get it, he is 19. But he is a bit unusual. Blew his mind and took him to the Roger Waters "The Wall" concert a couple of years back.

Comment

Dad's ringtone for Mom is the Predator, that strange noise it makes in the movie.

Comment

I like to find or make funny ringtones for when my ex calls or texts.
                      In 3 years, I've never received a call or text from my ex.

I do have a folder on my laptop named DoucheMail though where I keep correspondence that I might need for court.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                        In 3 years, I've never received a call or text from my ex.

I do have a folder on my laptop named DoucheMail though where I keep correspondence that I might need for court.
                        lmao!

I was feeling a little guilty about the new one I made last night, thought perhaps it was a bit harsh.

Then he texted me this morning with the sole purpose of being a douchebag and I realized.....no, it's not harsh at all.

Comment

I'd say I could take some guesses, but the guy is so boring, he can't be bothered to even add names to his phone, much less custom ringtones.

Comment

humorous ways of dealing with my ex?

Laughing at him in the elevator of the courthouse BEFORE and AFTER court every time.

Comment

You very well might be correct about him having the last laugh. I'll likely never know.

I don't think there is any chance of either of us thinking the other is "flirting" at this point in our lives. We are divorced and have both moved on with our respective personal lives. Unfortunately our legal issues will continue as they have taken on a life of their own in a way.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X