This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oink View Post
    Is key everyone will agree right? Yeah, but only if the parties are listening, being honest, and able to have a dialogue without it turning into a ding dong

Iceberg.....no funny ideas eh (txt msg doesn't count)

Source: Yahoo!

I've read several books that mention the 93 & 7%. At first the statistics surprised me, but I've since become much more aware of this unspoken language, and I tend to agree. Body language is a very important tool.
    Last edited by caranna; 04-08-2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Imagine, all this time I couldn't figure out why people didn't believe me when I told them I was fine whilst my middle finger was stuck in the air

Comment

Janine Driver is a good author and writes books about body language. She is also the author of "You Can't Lie To Me."

Body language/facial expressions are quite revealing. But not everyone is good at reading the signals. Some of it is very subtle.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
          Janine Driver is a good author and writes books about body language. She is also the author of "You Can't Lie To Me."

Body language/facial expressions are quite revealing. But not everyone is good at reading the signals. Some of it is very subtle.
          My situation wasn't very subtle, at least not to anyone who was around my ex and I near the end of our marriage.

(This happened the one and only time my ex and I were at a counselor together). Not five minutes into the session my ex was leaning out of his chair, reaching across at me and stabbing the air with his finger pointed at me and shouting. I was leaning away from him, almost to the point of falling out of my chair. I recall the counselor observing my ex's body movements.

It was a surreal situation where I kind of felt myself rising out of my own body (or wishing I could evaporate into the air).

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
            It was a surreal situation where I kind of felt myself rising out of my own body (or wishing I could evaporate into the air).
            Arabian, I thought I was the only one that had that surreal response. Sometimes when my stbx would speak to me, even if he wasn't being nasty at the time, that feeling would overcome me. It was almost as if I was disassociated from reality for a minute or two. No-one else could cause that reaction in me.

More about body language: It can be very subtle, like the movement of the eyes as they scan your face or the very obvious folding of the arms across the chest (and we all know what THAT means).

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X