Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did the bio dad find out at the same time as non-bio dad that the child may be his?? If your friend is smart the first thing he would do is get a dna test done. Not so much to get away from paying CS or anything, just for the child to know their medical history if something ever comes up.

Your friend as acted like a father and the child probably looks at him as a father so he has a really good chance to keep shared custody. The wild card factor is that the bio dad also wants to be involved. If the bio dad didnt know he had a child then it is wrong to expect him to back down and not see the child now.

Comment

I don't think the court would fault the bio dad for not having a relationship with the child as he didn't know and was never told he was the bio father. However, bio dad shouldn't expect to get custody. If anything, he'll likely get access...very slow to start.

Comment

Poor child...It is so nice to be loved but so horrid to be fought over. Can they not work a schedule out to let everyone have a relationship. Ie every third weekend Bio Dad can visit. My BIL has to do this cause there are two dads and a mom in the picture.

Comment

I think it would be cool if Bio Dad and Step Dad got shared custody/parenting and Bio Mom had to pay both of them CS .... talk about setting a precedent

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

What about if both the dads got shared custody and she got nothing for what she's putting everyone through ?

Comment

Originally posted by May_May View Post
              What about if both the dads got shared custody and she got nothing for what she's putting everyone through ?
              That's what I was getting at... Sort of a new take on the situation where a "parent" can collect CS from more than one person for the same child

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X