Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the UCCB the $100.00 a mth for children under 6??

Comment

Child and Family Benefits

Comment

Ok thank you, and yes, I do recieve that for one of the three girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Superdaddy View Post
          She lives with her parents and her mom babysits my son. I offered her to let my mother look after my son without any charges just like the way my mother used to help out when my son was born and she was the one who used to look after him while we go to work.
          In other words, it is in the best interest of the child to spend equal time but she refuses to let me see him except on tuesday and every other weekends. On what ground can I get shared custody?

Consider her living with her parents as punishment

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
            With what you're paying it amounts to $11100/year leaving you $48,900 to live on. If you can't live on that on your own, how do you expect her to do it with a child? Her expenses would be a lot more considering she has custody of the child and incurs the expenses related to maintaining a home for the child.

Perhaps instead of a reduction in child support you might review the expenses associated with your lifestyle and look for ways to cut back there, instead of on your child's.
            Here is what I will take issue with on this stance, Blink....

60K...means about 44K makes it home after taxes...subtract 11K from that, and it is now 33K...don't base your numbers for survival on pre-tax rates!

Example: they each make 60K...he nets 33K after child support. She nets 55K, minus the childcare that she has to pay prior to the rebate earned (up to 7K in ontario)...now, she is supporting a child on 22K more than he is...damn expensive child!
            Last edited by InterprovincialParents; 01-27-2011, 07:35 PM. Reason: add example

Comment

OK then, her $44K + $6684 in CS = $50,648 - $4416 in childcare = $46,268

Effectively, a difference of $13,268 between them. The issue still being he is claiming hardship with the amount he has to pay even with $33,000 for himself after it's all said and done. I just don't see it, people raise entire families on that amount - before taxes.

Comment

Need help for S7 expenses

My extraordinary Ex had a big win on our divorce agreement. Regardless my negative income right now, she would've taken my kids to the NASA moon trip if its available. I looked at my papers, it said that I had to pay for "return airfare for one child" for every annual vacations. Now she wants to go on a cruise. what do I need to pay? Airfare only or a whole trip expenses?

Also she's trying to get quote for dental bracelet for one of my kids, if she gets a quote, do I have to give go-ahead to it or I can ask to delay it until better times?

Thanks!

Comment

Holy shit! I could have gotten that included in my separagion agreement? Kicking myself now!

But seriously - if it says one return air fare for one child - then that's what you pay. If Ex has purchased a package deal that includes air fare - then find the reasonable cost of just the air only on any travel website and pay that. Man - she got a sweet deal! What did you get?

And ... what's a "dental bracelet?"

(And - you might want to start your own thread)

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                    OK then, her $44K + $6684 in CS = $50,648 - $4416 in childcare = $46,268

Effectively, a difference of $13,268 between them. The issue still being he is claiming hardship with the amount he has to pay even with $33,000 for himself after it's all said and done. I just don't see it, people raise entire families on that amount - before taxes.
                    I didn't say he had a winnable argument! I told him he at most had a 30% chance of winning new childcare provider...And, that 4416 in childcare is a tax break, so she is actually out of pocket less, depending on child's age.

Comment

Originally posted by KeepSmiling View Post
                      Holy shit! I could have gotten that included in my separagion agreement? Kicking myself now!

But seriously - if it says one return air fare for one child - then that's what you pay. If Ex has purchased a package deal that includes air fare - then find the reasonable cost of just the air only on any travel website and pay that. Man - she got a sweet deal! What did you get?

And ... what's a "dental bracelet?"

(And - you might want to start your own thread)
                      My typo! Its "dental braces", could easily be around 7K.
                      She got a "totally paid-off house, a parcel of land and some cash"
                      I've only got about 20% of the total assets. But I have to pay her 1.6K each month plus some other shit.

Comment

Well, I can't speak to why you signed what appears to be such a one-sided deal - but -

braces would come under medical - and if there is a clause in your separation agreement that deals with uninsured medical expenses then that is what you need to look at.

The braces would need to be required by a dentist/orthodontist - and honestly, I couldn't see why the kid would have them if they weren't needed - and any remaining uninsured costs would be split in proportion to income or whatever your agreement says.

Comment

Originally posted by Superdaddy View Post
                          She lives with her parents and her mom babysits my son.
                          And her mother is providing you with receipts for the daycare right? With her SIN number clearly and correctly stated on the receipts? And she's claiming a 100% of the daycare income she in earning from both you and her daughter as income on her taxes right? RIGHT?

Comment

Not Afraid of the Taxman? You should be

Funny article!

Informant Leads Program

"Informant Leads Program" aka snitch line

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X