This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Step to Get Equilization Payment

We finally got through questioning. Transcripts had to be order b/c of all the lies and discrepencies my lawyer keenly found my ex trying to get away with. After we agreed on all the values and the house appraisal and once the numbers were put into the equilization formula he owes me 150,000.
    He freaked when he heard this, and keeps going back and forth threatening he wants to go to trial. I'm reducing my offer to what my lawyer suggests, but he wants a bargin basement buy out (he's a real chinser). Our next court date is in September. We will get his income imputed and the year of spousal support he didn't pay and the adjustments to the child support will be dealth with (I presume). What should I expect as far as a judge ordering him to pay me an equilaztion payment before a trial. I can't keep living on credit. Do I have to wait till trial. All assets are stupidly in his name...
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X