This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to Spousal Support Calculator

For anyone who is looking for some helpful tools, or likley to be paying or receiving SS. This site has an easy to use spousal support calculator, also has an easy to use CS guideline calculator. The second site below has a calculator to assess income tax deductions.
    http://www.delaneys.ca/spousalsupportwithkids.html

http://lsminsurance.ca/calculators/canada/income-tax/2008

I know this is an older post but I had questions as to what values should be entered into the Delaney's calculator. This will probably help others more easily find out what the SS obligations/entitlements are.

Here are the required fields with my questions/comments in Bold:

Enter the payor's gross income: Box 14 on T4

How much did the payor pay in taxes last year? Is this the total payable tax, Box 435 on tax return?

Enter the payor's monthly child support
    (including s.7 expences): Is this the full CS amount? If I pay offset CS, do I still enter the full amount based on the tables? Can I add my percentage of day care costs to this amount as they are section 7?

Enter the recipient's gross income: Box 14 on T4

How much did the recipient pay in taxes last year? Box 435?

How much did the recipient receive in government benefits and credits last year?

Enter the recipient's monthly notional child support: Is notional CS the full table amount the recipient would pay for CS?

I just want to make sure that I am calculating this correctly.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Teddie; 04-17-2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Make your life simple by using MySupportCalculator.ca gives you both CS and SS...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X