No announcement yet.

Double dipping

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Double dipping

    I just discovered that my ex wife had been collecting income support for our 23 year old son, who is high functioning autistic, since he graduated from high school 5 years ago. The problem is that she is also collecting child support from me at the same time. Not sure what to do next. Should i request of her to notify the child support agency and terminate child support? Advice anyone?

  • #2
    You never answered previous questions on your other posts about your order. You also haven't updated the status from an old thread on whether or not you filed a motion to change.

    Your order may have taken into consideration the length of support and your child's disability which is why you are still paying and why your ex is eligible to claim these costs.

    If you don't believe that is legit, call the provincial snitch line and report it. Or better yet, file a motion to change to cease paying and recover funds.


    Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.