No announcement yet.

Ex stays three month of the year overseas

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ex stays three month of the year overseas

    So I am the child support payor. lately, the children's mother goes to visit her partner overseas for two months at a time, one month at a time. In the last year that has taken place for four months. The children were in my care full-time while she is out of the country.
    I am assuming that the spousal support remains the same. I am asking if still owes child support for the months that she is out of the country.
    Please advise.

  • #2
    On the balance of the year are the kids in a 50/50 situation with her away? As in, with the extra time during the year it all works out to be 50/50? If yes then you can try to file for a change in support.


    • #3
      Thank you.
      The kids are 50/50 when she is away. It is a 50/50 arrangement.
      What forms do I need to start the process? It has been long since I have been to courts. FRO is not involved.



      • #4
        If she's here 8 months and the kids are EOW with you those 8 months I don't think 100% for four months equals 50/50 but if you feel it does you would file a motion to change child support and custody to 50/50.


        • #5
          Interesting, your ex stays overseas and does not work?


          Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.