No announcement yet.


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • taxes

    I pay full tabled amount child support for two kids, is there anything other than the benefits I pay for them that I can claim? I read the post on deductions, and I pay through my old employer, to a benefit plan for my kids and I read that I can claim that, but is there anything else I can claim? Thank you for any responses.

  • #2
    Any premiums that you pay through your employer for benefits are eligible to you to claim. They will be on your T4’s in box 85 (Employee-paid premiums for private health services plans) it includes the total amount deducted from your earnings to pay for either dental or supplementary health care premiums etc


    • #3
      In my case, my employer did not place box 85 on my T4 at all. I only know what I paid to my benefits because of my pay stubs.

      I will be re-filing (updating) last years, and this years taxes with the claim.


      • #4
        Your pay stubs should be acceptable for CCRA should they want the proof.
        Some employers use standard forms and forget the "other" boxes options for just this reason.


        Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.