Notice of Assessent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Assessent

Hello, I pay offset child support. It was ordered by a judge, I think 3 years ago now. I've paid it directly to him every month. My ex was supposed to furnish his Notice of Assessment by June 1, 2022 but has not. I've asked a couple of times by email and he doesn't reply.
    What can I do to get the NOA? Is there a form I can submit to Family Court or something?
    Thanks

Its form 20 request for disclosure.

When you send it you advise that you will file a motion for disclosure if he refuses to comply and you will seek a repayment of any overpayment of support plus costs.

That may scare him into complying.

Comment

Only a court can enforce the order and you need to bring an order asking for the disclosure to be enforced.

On offset... little changes year-over-year unless someone goes from "basic job" to "executive". Judges hate doing offset recalculations. They usually get annoyed at both parties. The difference on offset better be well over 1500$ a month and the new updated better be like 2500$ or you both will suffer the wrath of a judge.

Careful with offset stuff... usually the payments are so low that judges get annoyed with BOTH parents.

If your offset payment is <500$ I wouldn't bother with court and just keep paying.

Comment

The thing that worries me is that without the NOA we can't do the annual catch up calculations. So if I don't have his Notice of Assessment for a year or two I could owe him a significant amount of money. I don't understand why he won't give it to me. Maybe he is making more money and is trying to hide it? Or just trying to annoy me or exert control.

Comment

Hes probably making more money and doesnt want to tell you.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X