X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paris
    replied
    Originally posted by Tayken View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time on this forum where that happens. :O I have seen it happen a few times... :O Funny when it happens.
    Not always funny. I remember I guy on here who went to get his daughter after seeing his ex’s emotional meltdowns on YouTube with daughter in the background. Then his ex showed up here for help and the whole situation was just sad.
    I hope he was able to get his daughter the help she needed, and I hope his ex was able to straighten out her life.

Leave a comment:

• Tayken
    replied
    Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
    This cannot be TB22's ex the poster later says he is on a limited scope retainer. TB22's ex makes well over $500k per year and can easily afford a good lawyer on retainer.
    Wouldn't be the first time on this forum where that happens. :O I have seen it happen a few times... :O Funny when it happens.

Leave a comment:

• jackandjill2000
    replied
    Originally posted by DHTO View Post
    Exactly my situation.

I filed my application (Toronto) in early August, and my case conference is first week of January. No motions except urgent one before the CC.

I'm guessing at least 2 more months before a motion will be in front of a judge. So 7-8 months total?

The good news is that once you do get in front of a judge it is basically a slam dunk. Tons of case law in your favour.

Especially if your ex refuses to disclose financials, because the burden of proof shifts to her to show that it would cause a hardship or that she is being denied the right to purchase it after equalization (very tough to prove without financials).
    What would be considered urgent? I have a lawyer on limited retainer since my ex changed the locks on me. I haven't been inside my house for over 2+ years and have been forced to rent. I'm trying to limit my costs. I already know my ex won't be able to buy me out but I can't afford to delay for much longer. I need to access my equity.

Leave a comment:

• DHTO
    replied
    Originally posted by jackandjill2000 View Post
    Good afternoon,

I live in Toronto and my ex is being difficult. She refuses to vacate and sell the matrimonial home by claiming the kids need to stay there. She won't provide financial disclosure. Does anyone know how long it'll take to get a motion heard before a judge?
    Exactly my situation.

I filed my application (Toronto) in early August, and my case conference is first week of January. No motions except urgent one before the CC.

I'm guessing at least 2 more months before a motion will be in front of a judge. So 7-8 months total?

The good news is that once you do get in front of a judge it is basically a slam dunk. Tons of case law in your favour.

Especially if your ex refuses to disclose financials, because the burden of proof shifts to her to show that it would cause a hardship or that she is being denied the right to purchase it after equalization (very tough to prove without financials).

Leave a comment:

• StillPaying
    replied
    Depends where you are with your file, but just go to court and book it.

Application, first appearance, case conference, motions (if needed), more conferences (SC, TMC, TSC, EPT), then trial. Or come to an agreement.

Leave a comment:

• jackandjill2000
    replied
    How would I go about that? I would just like a divorce and to move on with my life.

Leave a comment:

• StillPaying
    replied
    You could have a motion within weeks, but may not be successful.

Leave a comment:

• rockscan
    replied
    Ok are you divorcing Trueblue22 because this sounds like her!! Or maybe you are trueblue and asking to test your options!

Depends on the motion and the court. You could try to contact the court and see what the timelines are for that court.

Leave a comment:

• jackandjill2000
    started a topic Court date to sell matrimonial home

Court date to sell matrimonial home

Good afternoon,

I live in Toronto and my ex is being difficult. She refuses to vacate and sell the matrimonial home by claiming the kids need to stay there. She won't provide financial disclosure. Does anyone know how long it'll take to get a motion heard before a judge?
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X