Correct tables to use for Child Support Calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct tables to use for Child Support Calculations

Hello. My separation agreement included a copy of the Simplified Table for Child Support in Ontario and it was used to calculate the child support. My understanding is that this is the correct source to use rather than a look up table that you find on line. Also, it looks like the table has been revised several times. Questions. Can anyone point to the correct table to use starting from early 2000s including the timeframe which that table should be used? Also, it looks like the amounts are rounded up to the 100s. Question: what happens if the total income is somewhere in between. For example, $25,615? Does it always get rounded up?
    Your guidance is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Correct tables to use for Child Support Calculations

Originally posted by Ontherightpath View Post
    Hello. My separation agreement included a copy of the Simplified Table for Child Support in Ontario and it was used to calculate the child support. My understanding is that this is the correct source to use rather than a look up table that you find on line. Also, it looks like the table has been revised several times. Questions. Can anyone point to the correct table to use starting from early 2000s including the timeframe which that table should be used? Also, it looks like the amounts are rounded up to the 100s. Question: what happens if the total income is somewhere in between. For example, $25,615? Does it always get rounded up?
    Your guidance is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

You use this:

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fl-df/...look-rech.aspx

You can input the income and go from there.

At the top of that page there is a link to 2011 and before.

Comment

Thank you. Is there a table that is prior to 2011? When I input a number that is contained from an earlier table, it does not match the number reflected in the Simplified table that is included in the SA.

Comment

The simplified table may be an old software program used by a previous lawyer and rounded up or down.

If you are calculating retroactive I suggest using the appropriate table in the links provided and going with that.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X