Annual NOA exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual NOA exchange

Not once in our 12 years of being coparents have I ever received my ex's NOA without a fight. He saves them until we are in court and they suddenly appear.

The most recent NOA that I have is for 2017. I have been hounding him for 2018-2020 on a frequent basis. My messages remain unanswered or I receive "NOA is firthcoming" and still don't receive them. He did respond to my most recent request ssying agian that they are forthcoming, and, oh by the way, my income dropped and you will owe me a significant chunk of change. He works for the federal government and I suspect he had a bonus in 2017 that raised his income and that the following years were his "true" income.

I know all about ups and downs with income, hence the reason NOAs are exchanged annually. He's gearing up for another court appearance and I will probably not see the NOAs until then.

As stated above, I have many email/OFW messages requesting the paperwork. What are the chances that I could agree to the overpayment for 2020 and have the other years wiped out due to the fact he ignored my requests or stonewalled me?

I understand that I will have to reimburse some. I am not trying to get out of that obligation. Just curious if I have a leg to stand on with my (failed) attempts to ensure the correct amount is being paid.

As long as you asked him each year he can’t weasel out of it.

Send him an email and advise you will be filing with the court and will seek costs to do this.

It’s easy to do on your own but get it filed. If he works for the government his income should stay relatively constant with limited changes and if he is owed money he should be open to changing. More than likely it has gone up and hes going to argue three years only but he can’t do that if you asked and he knew.

Comment

Thank you ! That's what I thought. You'd think after 12 years he'd know his obligations but he keeps shooting himself in the foot.

Comment

Originally posted by cranberry View Post
        Thank you ! That's what I thought. You'd think after 12 years he'd know his obligations but he keeps shooting himself in the foot.
        Only 6-8 years left... Child support is for children. One day in the future you won't have to go through the dance.

Comment

Is this for child support or spousal support? I'm not familiar with the OP's history.

Comment

Child support.

They have two teens and they have gone back and forth between houses.

Comment

Originally posted by ifonlyihadknown View Post
              Is this for child support or spousal support? I'm not familiar with the OP's history.

We have pre-teen twins. My ex does not know the meaning of the word negotiate. He has used the court system for 12 years and blatantly ignores court orders. Its a no-brainer that NOAs must be exchanged each year by June 1st. He does not do his taxes until he is about to haul me into court, when they suddenly appear.

His last response to me was "they are in process", reminded me the most recent NOA was 2017 and that is expecting a windfall in reimbursement because his income changed. Well duh! That's why we have to exchange NOAs yearly and on time!

His May child support payment dropped. I can only assume his taxes are finally done. And surprise, surprise (not!) his lawyer contacted mine yesterday to discuss my agreeing to handing our boys over to him permanently. We currently have shared custody.

Unfortunately, I see more litigation beginning very soon. I am not just going to hand them over and will be hauled into court as soon as he possibly can.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                Only 6-8 years left... Child support is for children. One day in the future you won't have to go through the dance.
                Very true. This assuming I actually survive double-trouble teens! Lol!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X