Rep sports section 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abba435 View Post
    Ahhh. Ok thank you. Any thoughts on my last post? Appreciate the input.
    For you, your position should be that you have not consented to the activity. Simple as that. That the children did not participate in the activity during the marriage, and that you don't believe it is in their best interests.

All the other stuff you talk about is mainly fluff and irrelevant. Just say you don't consent and have not consented, as is your right in the separation agreement. Let her file a motion in court and argue it is in the kids best interests.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
      For you, your position should be that you have not consented to the activity. Simple as that. That the children did not participate in the activity during the marriage, and that you don't believe it is in their best interests.

All the other stuff you talk about is mainly fluff and irrelevant. Just say you don't consent and have not consented, as is your right in the separation agreement. Let her file a motion in court and argue it is in the kids best interests.
      Thanks Hammerdad.
      This has been my position all along and they just ignore the agreement intentionally.
      My reasons have been provided in writing to two lawyers so far. They are fighting that my refusal to consent is unreasonable and not in the children's interests. I do not believe hockey is a right under any citation.
      Now they are including arrears and monthly instalments in a Rule 8 Application that is set for trial in a week. FRO has already denied these claims so they are trying in court. Same for the alleged support arrears that they have completely misrepresented (just plan wrong and they know it). No attempt to try to snow FRO on that.
      They (ex and lawyer) are gnawing on this bone endlessly.
      Final conference tomorrow and this will be on the agenda for sure.
      I wil be very relieved when this is all settled. If it ever is.

Comment

I read a case on Canlii that provided for theses sorts of expenses as being s7. That said, you may have years of status quo working against you. So be careful on how you proceed. A claim for expenses going forward would likely be successful, but know there is always the chance that it may not be.
        Thank you for this. We have only separated a year ago and last year was our first season through tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by beentheredonethis View Post
          Thank you for this. We have only separated a year ago and last year was our first season through tournaments.
          I've been doing this for about 8 years now. It gets expensive for me, as I am covering both a portion of my ex's room and all of my own room (obviously). So tournaments always cost me a pretty penny.

I only have a few more years left though, which is nice. This activity stops when the child graduates high school..... just in time for me to pay 2/3rds of 2/3rds of post secondary....

Comment

I've been doing this for about 8 years now. It gets expensive for me, as I am covering both a portion of my ex's room and all of my own room (obviously). So tournaments always cost me a pretty penny.....

You could always stay home!

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
              You could always stay home!
              It's hard, they ask you to go, and how can you say no? Also, it is fun to watch your children play in tournaments. It is like watching professional sports except you are much more invested in the team 'cause it's your kid.

Also, if I recall correctly HammerDad is a NCP, which means he is unlikely to not take the time he can get. It may have changed recently though, I vaguely recall him posting a thread about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                It's hard, they ask you to go, and how can you say no? Also, it is fun to watch your children play in tournaments. It is like watching professional sports except you are much more invested in the team 'cause it's your kid.

Also, if I recall correctly HammerDad is a NCP, which means he is unlikely to not take the time he can get. It may have changed recently though, I vaguely recall him posting a thread about that.
                You are right. I am an NCP, which means I get precious little time with my D.

My D also expects me to go, as I have always gone. We get some time together, and she sees I am supporting her. For certain tournaments though, the ones that are 5-6 days long, I don't go for the whole thing. I would simply go over the weekend.

If I didn't go, especially in the early years, my ex would make a big deal with our D about me not supporting her at her activities. I know this, as I mentioned that I may not go to one early on and the ex flipped about how I don't support our daughter, and that she was expected to do everything (martyring herself). So I go to a) see and spend time with my D, and b) to take the wind out of my ex's sails about me not supporting the kid.

To be honest, I do enjoy it. D normally does really well and I like seeing her happy. I try to stay out of my ex's way as much as possible, but make sure D knows I am there.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X