Cars with Loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars with Loans

This is all new to me so I am going to start with cars and pay. After a year of trying to salvage my marriage my spouse has said she wants out. I have struggled to financially keep her happy. Now I am looking to cut my costs. We own 2 cars that are both unfortunately worth less then is owed on them. She has always had part of her pay put in an account that I have no access to. Both car loans are joint. I want her to take her car and loan and I will take mine. We unfortunately will have to live together and I only believe it is fair that we split the rest of the non personal bills. Can I force her to take her car and loan and insure it on her own. I have a problem with me paying all her bills while she is seeing someone else but for the ale of my children I want an amicable separation. Any advice would help

An amicable separation is only possible if both want to be amicable and fair. Unfortunately, in most cases one does not play fair. The cars go in with all other assets and debts and are split equally based on the time you were together. You each get 50% of the assets and 50% of the debts.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X