Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Calculator

https://mysupportcalculator.ca/

I cant seem to get this support calculator to work and its the only one that I can find on Google that calculates spousal support.

Anyone have another one I don't know of?

Opps no need, once I disabled my add blocker it worked fine.

Comment

I've heard that it leaves some things out but I doubt it really leads to a significant difference. The lawyers all use Divorcemate with is the paid version of the same software. I've been told that it makes mistakes as well. However, seeing as spousal support is all about negotiating, mysupportcalculator is fine.

Comment

My ex keeps complaining about how I am out to "hurt' him by taking him to court. I just wanted to have some numbers to say, he could have had to pay SS for a few years for me to get back in the workforce. So I thought I would show him how much $$$ he saved.

We are trying to work things out ourselves before our next case conference. I am hoping to go to the CC with an agreement ready to sign. Fingers crossed.

Comment

When I did my case conference briefs, I made sure that I included a copy of my offer to settle. May sure your STBX has in well in advance. It's important to show that you are reasonable and trying to reach a settlement. If you're lucky, you'll get a judge who will express a strong opinion on who is being reasonable, and who isn't.

Comment

Thanks Ifihadonlyknown, I dont know what I can settle with, we were common law so no assets to divide, no need for spousal support (short term relationship of 6 years) and I am employed now, was a stay at home Mom. Instead of a 80/20 split of section 7, I have agreed to 50/50 as my salary will increase over time. That was one of his biggest stumbling blocks, he couldnt afford daycare. I have one child (3) on subsidy which saves us a huge chunk of money. The others child needs just after school care, but requires a special needs qualified sitter which costs more per hour.

I do want full table child support unless he agrees to take them more consistently. It enables me to give them a better diet and some added activities, like skating and swimming lessons, which helps them integrate in the community.

I fought tooth and nail, to get a better access schedule and I am NOT going to compromise that, its not in the best interest of the children. I too hope I get a Judge that is reasonable, the first Judge we had gave him 2 nights a month the second Judge at my recent motion was much more understanding imo.

I think he should sent me an offer to settle.

That was more a vent, thanks for that

Comment

what counts as an offer? In my case the original settlement agreement was drawn up by my ex, based ona standardized offer that the law firm uses, then we negotiated back and forth via lawyer emailing and a sit down conference with all of us, saying things like, I agree to para x, y, z, I disagree with para Q and would like this or that, etc. and we would go back and forth like this several times.

Does that count as an offer, or do you mean to say that if you are showing the courts you made an offer you w ere supposed to draw up a whole new agreement.

I am considering tyring to work this out ourselves, it looks like my ex might come around to that idea know. so is an "offer " for court purposes, when you are doing it on your own, just an email saying I would like this and that? or does it have to be the whole kit and caboodle written in legalese

Comment

I "think" going to court you provide your own offer to settle (a whole new agreement) with legalese.

But in the meantime, you keep narrowing the issues trying to work it out yourselves. IMO the lawyer letters going back and forth are a huge waste of legal fees.

But that's easier said than done or we wouldn't be here.

Comment

For a case conference, where both sides have to agree to things, I wouldn't worry about 'legalese'. Just be clear. I imagine that what you are looking for is for the judge to tell the unreasonable ex that your offer is fair and theirs isn't.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X