Maintenance enforcement program question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance enforcement program question

The application asks for an authorized bank withdrawal form.

I do not want to have automatic bank withdrawals nor do I want to provide my banking information.

It states on the Alberta government website payments can be made in all sorts of ways and doesnt specifically say it must be automatic bank withdrawals. If I send in my application will it be refused because I didn’t not provide my banking information?

I have never missed a support payment but I am considering being the applicant for MEP for other various reasons.

You can call and ask. FRO has similar language but doesn’t move to enforcement until payments aren’t made. My partner pays his like a bill monthly through the bank.

Comment

best time to call MEP is a few minutes before 8:00 AM or a few minutes before 4:00 PM.

When you send in your registration package I'd simply attach a letter indicating that you do not want to have automatic payments but would instead like to pay .....

If you are unable to deviate from this then simply open up a PC/Simplii account and put that bank account number on form. Once your application is processed you can change the information online. That way MEP only has account information on an empty/rarely used bank account.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X