No announcement yet.

Self employed/corporation.....

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Self employed/corporation.....

    I know this is an unusual case and might not be able to be answered here but I will give it a try.

    Ex is incorporated. He has submitted his tax info to me but I dispute his expenses. We have both our original legal agreement and an amendment filed last year.

    Would this be a motion to change (for a new child support?) or a whole new application?


  • #2
    Is he filing for a change to cs?


    • #3
      No, I would be asking for the change.

      He was the original applicant (in 2013). I was the respondent. Does that make a difference?


      • #4
        Also, do you take off spousal support before calculating child support?


        • #5
          I believe that its simply a motion to change child support (but I could be wrong) and Im not sure how the applicant/respondent element works but part of your argument is to request specific expenses he claims to be rejected.

          Maybe look through canlii? I have seen some cases of self employed where judges rejected specific expenses for child support purposes.


          Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.