Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contempt for Failure to Submit Financials? Form 31?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup it is! I did see a lawyer she said just let FRO keep collecting the court order amount and it's up to him to file a notice to change, not you. If he does file get more recent PI report. I wish it was easier. I guess i could file a notice of change saying I agree to a change of support but cant agree on an amount as i dont have his NOA's. Then he submits his low income assessments and I end up paying back him! when i know full well hes hiding income. Just so frustrating!

Comment

You know "full well" or you are making assumptions? The lawyer is right in telling you to just let FRO keep collecting the amount you've be awarded.

Again, his new partner is not relevant to your case! It will be the same if he was paying you spousal support, and you were living with a sugar daddy...this will not excuse your ex from continuing to pay you SS if he argues against it based on your new boyfriend

Originally posted by Mother of two View Post
      Yup it is! I did see a lawyer she said just let FRO keep collecting the court order amount and it's up to him to file a notice to change, not you. If he does file get more recent PI report. I wish it was easier. I guess i could file a notice of change saying I agree to a change of support but cant agree on an amount as i dont have his NOA's. Then he submits his low income assessments and I end up paying back him! when i know full well hes hiding income. Just so frustrating!

Comment

Hopefull! you are very negative and almost combative. I would ask you not respond to my threads thank you

Comment

I don't want it to come across as me not being empathetic towards your situation, but you've hit the nail on the head in your last sentence below. Your ex is obvious playing in clever if indeed the company is his by using his new partner to run it.

Your ex sounds like a right tool, but it goes without saying that people should not have kids if they have no intentions of providing for them / expect others to help raise their kids. My comment here should not be misconstrued with that of the Judge "that told a young lady she should have kept her legs closed"

Thank you for your support and help! Its been so arduous to say the least.
          Ex said he could not find work i had to pay 5000 in court costs. Right after he decides to offer an amount based on an amount he pulled out of thin air and the courts agreed. At that point out of money i said fine. I knew he was not looking for work as the list of people he applied to were know to me as suppliers from his last job. So I took to the internet. in Jan of 2010 he registered a domain name for his new business and in April 2010 I settled on the amount offered but could not prove what he was up to. Then I found the business open with his name on Manta as the President and CEO! Hired a PI and have proof of him working there. Sent to FRO and they sent a request for payroll deductions only to be told he does not work there! I have social media proof as well. Reviews you name it i have it! But I am confident he takes no salary, business is in his partners name and very difficult. If i do get his NOA it might not be any good to me as it will have a very min salary. Then it would be up to me to prove he is running the business. He says he has two children with serious ailments yet they don't look infermed nor ill enough to have a full time Dad staying at home to look after them.. Its a cluster F*** . So you can see how I am between a rock and a hard place. he would not contribute to my childrens extensive ortho bills(not cosmetic) nor University tuition nada! So I agreed to reduce the support provided he pay his % of the ortho bills and 1st years tuition. He would not and told me my employer paid the ortho bills and i was committing fraud! This is after I sent him the plans print out with what they paid and what i had to pay. I wish he would just be up front but my worry has always been take what he gives you because i am sure he has it worked out that if we go back to court I get screwed!

Comment

Wrong....it seems you are just expecting responses that support your stance. The real world is not like this as you've found out in court

Hopefull! you are very negative and almost combative. I would ask you not respond to my threads thank you

Comment

Actually NOAs are pretty useless IMO when it comes to collecting money from a self-employed individual or someone who is hiding money under a 3rd party or corporation.

Do you have any idea of what his standard of living is like? Does he live large? Contrary to what others have said here I find that, as was/in my situation, sleazy ex's are quite adept at using their significant others as safe havens to hide money.

Looking back at my mistakes I'd recommend you staying the course with the P.I. until you have some definitive info. to give to FRO. Then you have to put pressure on FRO to collect. You call them incessantly if need be and request feedback on their actions with info you give them. If you are able to glean enough information through your ex's lifestyle you can always hire a lawyer to have income imputed. You would need quite a bit of info for that to be successful.

FRO and other maintenance enforcement agencies have policies and procedures (which they keep secret) that they follow when collecting from someone who hides money through 3rd party. Alberta MEP refers to it as "lifting the corporate veil". I obtained lots of information by way of the WCB as primary contractors in Alberta are very fussy about contract employees having WCB coverage.

You have your work ahead of you that's for sure. Follow the money. I wish you good luck.

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I do have lots of info. Looks like they have a waterfront home drive nice cars go on vacations etc...However they have three young children. So not sure if that would come into play? I don't want them (the new kids) to go without, i'm not that greedy, I just want him to play fair! I do call FRO and they say nothing can be done as he pays, albeit not the amount thats court ordered, just dribbles in every 30 days-showing intent to pay. I did call the CRA however and give them info I have uncovered and they were very interested to hear what I had to say. Anyway just cant wait until the kids are old enough and this can all end. When i email him to ask when to expect payment or can he help with tuition etc... he says things like NO im not coming back stop wishing for me and get on with your own life, or you must be off your meds. It's really hard to deal with this guy. I had a lawyer once say well you married him! Needless to say hes not my lawyer anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                  I

Many many MANY people make the mistake that because they have an order for an amount to pay, they dont have to pay anything else. Unfortunately they are obligated to update their cs amounts with income changes.
                  Is child support usually based off these previous year's income (NOA), or current years income?

My situation - payor receives a 2% standard yearly raise, but will have capital gains this year... They already had a $40k capital gain earlier in the year. Another capital gain by the end of this year or beginning of next year. They are disposing of houses...

Comment

Its normally based off noa but if income changes significantly outside of tax time, they are supposed to update.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X