Unknown Bank Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Bank Accounts

Hello, First my apology if there is an answer to my question available in other thread, I read many but couldn't find the answer.
    During the equalization process, how can I know what bank accounts my Ex has? I'm sure she has money in different bank accounts but I don't know which institution let alone the account number.
    Also, if she transferred money to an overseas account, is there any way to figure that out and how this is going to be considered during the equalization process?

are you sure or just speculating that she does have other bank accounts and an overseas account?

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
      are you sure or just speculating that she does have other bank accounts and an overseas account?
      Yes I'm sure, I got to know that accidentally but couldn't find details.

Comment

There might be a few options:
        - obtain bank statements, you can look for obvious things like a transfer to the Bank of Switzerland. Your ex will likely try and dodge this
        - check computer browser history, are there hits on your history to the Bank of the Caymans. Obviously the secure part of sessions wont show, but hitting the main splash page would show.
        - call your ex's financial planner as a witness. However they may or may not know, and there are no planner - client confidentiality laws
        - rummage through the house, assuming you're still in the matrimonial home, you might find a chequebook or stray statement.

Comment

Originally posted by nfc4ever View Post
          There might be a few options:
          - obtain bank statements, you can look for obvious things like a transfer to the Bank of Switzerland. Your ex will likely try and dodge this
          - check computer browser history, are there hits on your history to the Bank of the Caymans. Obviously the secure part of sessions wont show, but hitting the main splash page would show.
          - call your ex's financial planner as a witness. However they may or may not know, and there are no planner - client confidentiality laws
          - rummage through the house, assuming you're still in the matrimonial home, you might find a chequebook or stray statement.
          Thanks a lot for the reply.

Comment

If you can get the bank statements, lack of credit card payments is another clue (I.e. paying off credit cards via foreign account)

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyface View Post
              If you can get the bank statements, lack of credit card payments is another clue (I.e. paying off credit cards via foreign account)
              it all boils down to the paper trail. Matching spending vs income etc.

Comment

Its also important to actually ask her about this in court. When people testify in court if they lie and you later are able to prove it then you can use that lie to overturn a decision.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X