This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mess View Post
    Calculation of section 7 expenses should include the CCTB. For two chilren on a low income this can easily exceed $1000 per month, tax free. If the section 7 split is done by comparing total after tax income (which it should be) then this can dramatically alter the proportions paid. If there are substantial daycare and summer camp costs, these will also affect after tax income.

It is simply perfectly fair to request full disclosure, and also should be simple to provide. A copy of the full Income Tax Return, not just the Assessment, will provide all relevent information including the amount of CCTB received and the amount of daycare and medical expenses.
    Unless there is an Application before the court you can not request full and frank financial disclosure. You are stuck with the Assessment paperwork per the Child Support Guide Lines.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForFamily View Post
      I thought so. My ex won't disclose it, but I was able estimate it from CRA web sites and my ex accepted my estimate so we based our split on those numbers...
      Why won't she disclose it? If you're trying to figure out the appropriate S7 ratio, then she should bargain in good faith and provide full financial disclosure. It's great that you worked out a deal, but red flags come up for me when someone isn't transparent, and doesn't provide full financial disclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
        Unless there is an Application before the court you can not request full and frank financial disclosure. You are stuck with the Assessment paperwork per the Child Support Guide Lines.
        Had exchange of tax returns built into our SA/court order.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X