No announcement yet.

Starting a dovorce

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Starting a dovorce

    Which form do I need to fill for starting a divorce which is not mutual
    I believe its simple divorce but it says it doesn't put any claim details like 20% share and child custody etc.,
    Am I on a wrong form?

  • #2
    if you have kids and the other side doesn't want a divorce then I would think it would not be a simple divorce. You need to speak to a lawyer before you make mistakes that you cannot correct.


    • #3
      Agreed. Do not be lulled into the illusion that family law is simple despite court forms having checkboxes.

      You should speak to a lawyer


      • #4
        You forgot to mention your ex is bipolar, attacks you and has a peace bond against them.

        You will definitely need a lawyer, you may qualify for for one at the FLIC office.
        A good option might be to get them on the right medication. I have seen people go from wild to mild to wild and the only difference is the medication.
        They may be a totally different person on meds and even feel bad and go with the flow.
        Get ready for false accusations or more anger.
        For all we know you are a bit off as well.


        Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.